Dolphin Encounter In Punta Cana - Hotel Guests OnlyExplore > Dominican Republic > Punta Cana > Dolphin Encounter In Punta Cana - Hotel Guests Only
Hang with the dolphins in Punta Cana!
Transfers are included in the price for area hotels. If your hotel is out of the pick-up range, we will contact you and discuss transportation options.
If you just go jump out in the middle of the ocean, it isn't likely that you will run into a dolphin. If, by a miracle, you do run into a dolphin, it is even less likely they will get close enough for you to hug. If, by an even greater miracle, you are able to hug this dolphin, please let us know as we will follow you where you go next. For the sake of success rate and to avoid questioning your sanity, we recommend that you take this opportunity to get up-close-and-personal with one of the ocean's most cunning creatures!
Your program begins with an explanation on the lifestyle of dolphins. With a better understanding of these fascinating creatures, and a life jacket strapped on, you will enter the water with your trainer by descending a set of stairs to a submerged platform. The water will be waist deep and provides the perfect setting to interact with some of the smartest animals in the world. Here, our friendly dolphins, that are known for their playful nature, will give you a handshake, a kiss, and a hug.
- Please bring a towel. They are not provided.
- Lockers are included in the price of the tour.
- The use of safety vests provided by the facility is required.
- This tour includes pick up from Punta Cana area hotels. If you are arriving by cruise ship, please note that we are not able to pick up and you will have to take a taxi about 2 hours in each direction. Please contact ShoreTrips for more information. .
- Children with a height of 40" - 47" may participate in the Encounter program with one participating, paying adult per child.
- Children over 47' tall may participate in the Encounter program alone, paying the adult rate and must have an adult present at the dolphin facility.
- Children under 40" tall are considered infants and must fit into the life vests required during the program.
- Do not wear sunblock while swimming with the dolphins.
- Jewelry, watches, rings, bracelets, or any object that might scratch the dolphins are not allowed.
- Non-swimmers are welcome. Each person is required to wear a life jacket.
- Pregnant women are not allowed to participate.
- There is no entrance fee if you are interested in going to the dolphin swim location as an "observer." However, observers must pay $20 for round trip transportation to and from the hotel. Please be aware that the area where you are able to wait is about 10 meters from the dolphin swim spot and doesn't provide the best vantage point for pictures. Cameras are not allowed in the dolphin swim area.
Days offered: 7 days a week