Mendenhall Glacier & Salmon BakeExplore > United States > Juneau > Mendenhall Glacier & Salmon Bake
Visit Alaska's most famous glacier and eat the local catch!
This tour includes:
- Visit to Mendenhall Glacier
- Admission to Mendenhall Glacier Visitor's Center
- A real salmon bake
- Information on local history and culture
- Wildlife viewing
Enjoy a narrated journey to the spectacular Mendenhall Glacier and its adjacent Visitors Center. Your time here is self-guided, so you can explore the area as you wish. Roam the grounds, snap photos, take in the interactive exhibits or turn to the on duty ranger who can satisfy your curiosity about the natural wonders of this glacier.
From Mendenhall Glacier, continue on to the famous salmon bake in Juneau. In a beautiful setting nestled in the rain forest, you’ll arrive to the aroma of wild Alaskan salmon grilling over an open alder wood fire.
The salmon, which you will see spawning on every river from mid-June through September, are fresh, thick, and delicious. For those of you who prefer other choices, you'lll also find BBQ chicken (menu subject to change).
The entrees are accompanied by a host of sides, including Caesar salad, cole slaw, rice pilaf, and BBQ beans with reindeer sausage, as well as dessert, and, as this is all-you-can-eat, you may try everything more than once. You will be outdoors, but in a protected area, which will allow you to roast marshmallows over an open fire.
Music will accompany your meal whether you dine at lunch or dinner. And you will be able to explore a little before or after your meal, as the salmon waterfalls and the Wagner mine are right nearby.
- Dress in layers that are appropriate for the weather.
- If you are traveling with a wheelchair or scooter, please contact us prior to booking so that we can arrange the appropriate vehicle for transportation. Please note: The Salmon Bake location is not suitable for electric wheelchairs.
Days offered: 7 days a week