Guided Acropolis Tour - Pier Pickup & Airport DropoffExplore > Greece > Athens > Guided Acropolis Tour - Pier Pickup & Airport Dropoff
Your private vehicle and English-speaking GUIDE will show you the best sights of Athens.
This tour includes:
- Pickup at the cruise ship pier and drop off at the airport
- Services of an English-speaking guide
- 2-hour guided sightseeing tour of the Acropolis
- Admission to the Acropolis is included
Athens is renowned as one of the greatest cities of the ancient world and the birthplace of western civilisation. For first time visitors this excursion is an ideal introduction to this city’s splendid highlights.
After a scenic drive through the picturesque marinas of Zea and Microlimano in Piraeus area, you tour leads you to the Acropolis. Acropolis is one of the most photographed and recognizable hills in the entire world, dates from the 5th century B.C., when Athens set the tone for civilisation in Europe.
On the sacred rock of the Acropolis the monuments date from the prehistoric period to the end of antiquity. Accompanied by a knowledgeable guide, you will walk up the uneven footpath leading to the summit. Sights include the Propylaea, the Temple of Apteros Niki, the Erectheum and the architectural triumph of the Parthenon.
Following your visit to Acropolis you shall re-board your coaches for your way to Athens International Airport “Eleftherios Venizelos”.
- The Acropolis may only be accessed by walking uphill. It is a strenuous walk and you must be in good physical condition. There is a pathway, but there are also steps near the top. Keep in mind that the weather may be very hot during the summer
- You may do this tour in either order.
Days offered: 7 days a week