Hike this beautiful island's mountain forest and take in a cultural site as well!
This excursion departs the port in an island-style open safari vehicle, en route to highland elevations where you will discover a mysterious world of lush mountain forests.
Here, in a place of rare beauty, and St. Kitts' richest reservoir of bio-diversity, you will hike in the rainforest, immersing yourself in a landscape alive with exotic plants, including the heliconias (red and yellow) bamboo, ferns, palms, elephant ears and breadfruit that festoon the area. You may sample some of the local seasonal fruits along the way (guava, strawberries, coconut, grapes and soursop).
Besides the rich plant life, the rainforest also supports an abundance of butterflies, caterpillars and colorful lizards. And beautiful song and humming birds adorn the trees under the canopy of creepers and vines. You will observe a drop in temperature and an increase in moisture as you venture deeper into the forest. Coursing crystal clear streams (seasonal) add to the exotic atmosphere. You might even be lucky enough to catch a glimpse of African green Vervet monkeys and other wildlife that inhabit this idyllic setting.
Refreshments of local pastries, sweets, sandwiches, seasonal fruits and local drinks will be provided for your enjoyment.
- This tour includes a 2-hour hike. Please wear comfortable walking or hiking shoes, shorts, and a T-shirt, and bring your own drinking water. You may also want to bring a camera!
- Snacks and beverages are included.
- There will be an additional fee to pick up at hotels located outside of Basseterre or Frigate Bay.
- Minimum age is 6 years old.
- You must be in relatively good physical condition to take this moderate 2-hour hike.
Days offered: 7 days a week