Glacier Flight And Scenic Float Trip ComboExplore > United States > Skagway > Glacier Flight And Scenic Float Trip Combo
Why take a boat to Haines when you can fly?!
Often when travelers come to Alaska one of the first things we tell them to do is find a way to get into the air, either by plane or helicopter. On top of that, when travelers come to Skagway we tell them to take advantage of the chance to get to Haines. Now imagine a world where you could do both of these things with one excursion! Imagination has now become a reality.
After being met at the pier in Skagway you will be escorted to the nearby airport to board one of Alaska's famous bush planes for a 50-minute glacier tour. As they start to recede around the world the chance to observe glaciers on such a grand scale may start to diminish and their isn't a better vantage point than from the sky. Rainbow Glacier will jump out at you first with its immense waterfall pouring from its face. Over Davidson Icefall you will see the blue hued crevasses and Ice towers that have made this landscape famous. Keep your eye out for mountain goats before making your final descent into Haines!
Once in Haines you will quickly learn what the hype is all about as you meet your expert guide and begin a riverside drive along the Haines Highway. Your final destination will be the Chilkat Bald Eagle Preserve, but don't consider resting your eyes along the way. The road you are on was declared a National Scenic Byway in 2009 and showcases the best Alaska has to offer from mountains in the sky to wildflower filled riverside channels. The perfect habitat for moose, bears and trumpeter swans.
From the air to scenic byways and now to a float trip through the Chilkat Bald Eagle Preserve. Since this may be the only time you are able to soak in these views we'll spare you the duty of paddling and let you snap all the pictures you want. This 1.5 hour journey will showcase why this is such a unique area that during the summer houses one of the healthiest populations of bald eagles in North America.
This full day will conclude with a 45 minute ferry ride which returns you to the cruise ship pier in Skagway. Steep walled fjords, waterfalls, cliffs and wildlife will serve as your in transit guide. The perfect ending to the best planned day from Skagway!
- Dress in layers and bring an extra pair of warm socks, a hat, and rain gear.
- Life jackets, rubber boots, rain ponchos, and light gloves will be provided.
- A boxed lunch is included in the price and includes a turkey sandwich, fresh fruit, a cookie and bottled water.
- This excursion requires a minimum of 4 passengers to operate. We will do our best to combine you with other travelers.
- Minimum age to participate in in this tour is 7 years old.
- Depending on the group size for a particular day, passengers that weigh over 300 LBs may have to pay a supplemental price. You will be contacted in regards to this prior to your departure.
Days offered: 7 days a week