Private Guided La Mina Hike In El Yunque RainforestExplore > Puerto Rico > Private Guided La Mina Hike In El Yunque Rainforest
Away from the crowds of tourists, this is the real thing.
Hiking through the rainforest isn’t something we believe should be done in moderation. Although your time in El Yunque is short we don’t suggest parading around the nature walks often filled with tourists. The La Mina hike is where you should be working up a sweat and that starts with a beautiful 1 hour hike downhill to a waterfall perfect for swimming. Pack your bathing suit for a 15-20 minute dip!
The La Mina trail goes with the flow of the La Mina river for the duration of the journey to the Falls. The lush rainforest around you and large rocks breaking up the river’s current provides the perfect ambiance along the way. Keep your eyes out for the endless variety of tress, plants, flowers, birds, lizards and insects that make up the El Yunque ecosystem.
There are clean bathrooms at the Palo Colorado visitor center at the beginning and end of your hike. If you think you want to swim we recommend changing into your suit at this location. Since there is a stretch of the trail that covers 500 feet in a little over a half mile, the trail is rated as “moderate to difficult.” There are a number of rain shelters where you can sit and rest if necessary. Please wear sturdy shoes as the trail is paved but can be slippery when wet.
- Make sure you wear sturdy shoes, the trail can be slippery.
- Bring along your bathing suit. You can change prior to the hike at the visitor's center.
- The El Yunque Rainforest is currently not accessible to tourists. You may place a booking request, but we might not be able to confirm it. We will have more information early 2018. If you are interested in an active tour, we recommend our Window Cave Adventure. If you have questions, contact ShoreTrips.
- You must be good physical shape. Half of this hike is up hill since the water falls is located 500 feet below the trail head.
- If you question your ability, its better to take one of our nature hikes instead.
Days offered: 7 days a week