Horseback Adventure With Aerial Tram RideExplore > Costa Rica > Puntarenas > Horseback Adventure With Aerial Tram Ride
Horses and an eco park. What more do you want?
When people come back from vacation you often hear them saying they "biked this" or "hiked that" so let us help you avoid being another traveling tale. Unless you own one its not every day you get a chance to ride a horse and unless you live there its not every day you get a chance to ride a horse in Costa Rica. Well lets kill two birds with one stone and take advantage of this opportunity to explore on horseback 900 acres of private Costa Rican wilderness.
After getting picked up from a pier you will get a taste of your future exploration as you drive through the countryside to Turu Bari Eco Park. After some time to unwind and use the bathrooms you will board some of the best kept and gentle horses in the area to begin your journey past local farms, before heading into the dense rainforest. For the 1.5 hour round trip ride your guide will explain the history of the area and the uniqueness of Costa Rica's ecosystem. Keep your eye out for Toucans, Scarlet Macaws and White Faced Monkeys!
Once off the horse we'll give you a birds eye view of the area you have just explored by boarding a 2,000 feet long tram that reaches a maximum height of 262 feet. This 20 minute climb will provide some of the best views of the area and paint an unforgettable image of the the Tarcoles river below. Following a stop at the visitor center for a chance to get something to eat, you will be taken back to Puntarenas to enjoy a brief city tour before being dropped at the pier.
- Please wear long pants, tennis shoes or similar, sun block, bug spray and bring a rain coat from May to November.
- Lunch is not included in the tour.
- You should be comfortable in the saddle and able to handle 1.5 hours of riding.
- Participants must be 10 years old.
- Contact ShoreTrips if you are interested in arranging this tour privately.
- Maximum weight is 230 lbs.
- Guest with back/neck injuries or pregnant women may not participate in the tour.
- Guests under the age to 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please note that in Costa Rica there is some confusion about ship time vs. local time. Please see your purser on your ship to clarify whether your ship changes its time to local time so you do not miss your excursion. Also check the daily itinerary which is delivered the evening before arriving into port. As each ship is ruled by its captain, it is your responsibility to confirm this while while you are sailing.
Days offered: 7 days a week