Canopy Zipline And Aerial Tram Ride ComboExplore > Costa Rica > Puntarenas > Canopy Zipline And Aerial Tram Ride Combo
Experience adventure and culture with ziplining, shopping, and sightseeing!
The lush rainforest feeling will be part of your scenic one-hour drive from the pier to a private reserve. Along the way, your guide will point out mango, sugar and citrus plantations and farming communities. Your expectations of the Costa Rican rainforest will be fulfilled as you learn about the advances that farmers have made in delivering fresh produce and no doubt appreciate that when you return home to your local food stores.
Upon your arrival to the reserve, you can freshen up and explore before you begin your treetop journey. In the famous Turubari Park you will be escorted to a series of zip lines that have been designed to cause no harm to the environment while still providing extreme fun and excellent views of the Tarcoles River.
You'll feel like Tarzan (or Jane!) as you zip through Costa Rica's canopy. This canopy tour has 11 platforms, 2 hanging bridges and 8 cables. The entire property covers 900 acres of which 80% is rainforest! This combination of nature and adrenaline will make for an unforgettable memory of Costa Rica!
After ziplining you will keep to the skies as you board an aerial tram back to the main facilities. Beautiful views will surround you and provides the perfect opportunity to slow things down and take pictures of what you just zipped over. At the park's visitor center you will have the opportunity to learn about the areas history and grab a bite to eat at the restaurant.
Before our tour concludes, we'll make a stop in the city of Puntarenas, which means "sandy point" in Spanish. Still used as a commerical fishing port, it's not hard to find fresh seafood like shrimp, lobster, and fish here. Enjoy the view as you walk along Paseo de los Turistas, a tree-lined promenade adjacent to the beach. This is a happening place on the weekends, as people from all over enjoy the popular restaurants, discos, cafes, bars, and hotels that are found here.
- Please wear jeans or long pants and comfortable shoes.
- We recommend that you bring sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses, insect repellent, a backpack to store cameras and other belongings, and a raincoat during the rainy season (September-November).
- This tour operates rain or shine.
- After the adventure, you will enjoy some fresh tropical fruits and cold water.
- Lunch is not included in your tour.
- There is a minimum of 4 passengers needed to operate this tour.
- Contact ShoreTrips if you are interested in arranging this tour privately.
- The minimum age for this tour is 9.
- The maximum weight allowed is 270 pounds. Waist must be under 46".
- This canopy tour requires moderate physical activity and is designed for active people who enjoy exercise and the great outdoors.
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women or those with heart or back problems.
- Please note that in Costa Rica there is some confusion about ship time vs. local time. Please see your purser on your ship to clarify whether your ship changes its time to local time so you do not miss your excursion. Also check the daily itinerary which is delivered the evening before arriving into port. As each ship is ruled by its captain, it is your responsibility to confirm this while you are sailing.
- This tour does not operate on Christmas Day.
Days offered: 7 days a week