Veragua Rainforest Aerial Tram & Tortuguero CanalsExplore > Costa Rica > Puerto Limon > Veragua Rainforest Aerial Tram & Tortuguero Canals
Much requested, now available, a heady combination of
This Tour Includes:
- Tour/transfer in an air conditioned vehicle
- Naturalist guides
- Boat ride through the Tortuguero Canals
- Tour the Veragua Rainforest Research & Adventure Center
- Aerial tram through the rainforest canopy
- All admissions included
- Lunch is not included but costs about $10 pp
This expedition will allow you to enjoy the lush rainforest and yet contribute to the research and conservation because of the unique combination of this tour. Board your comfortable air conditioned vehicle along with your naturalist guides who are prepared to share their knowledge about the biodiversity of the rainforest around you. There are 3 parts to this tour and all extremely enjoyable but also very informative.
You will take a boat tour of the world famous Tortuguero Canals, which enable you to observe the wildlife that leads you down a calm and peaceful waterway. The rainforest is vibrant and your guide can identify the unique plants including orchids, bromeliads, water lilies and species unfamiliar to you. No doubt you will hear the monkeys, but you might spot one, or a sloth, turtle, or caiman on your boat journey.
Disembark and reboard your vehicle which will head up to the mountaintop Veragua Rainforest Research and Adventure Reserve, a private property that protects 3,400 acres of primary and secondary tropical forest. In small guided groups you will be introduced to the forest creatures in their special quarters. Expect to see iguanas, lizards and snakes in the Reptile Habitat, the Frog Habitat which houses nocturnal frogs, and the Butterfly Garden, populated by hundreds of the most colorful flighty wings around. It is apparent how important these displays are as they really are used to study the creatures in question and make their existence more viable.
Your mode of transportation back down is the Aerial Tram, a comfortable way to see the panoramic views of the forest canopy. As you descend the mountain to the riverbank below, you must keep your eyes open for animals in their natural setting. They are out there and it is up to you to find them!
You will step out of the tram for an easy walk on the 'Trail of the Giants', named for the huge trees that frame the path. Your destination is the cascading Puma Waterfall, a perfect scenario for a photo. After retracing your steps and reboarding your tram, you will end this portion at the main visitor center, where you will find a much-earned lunch buffet (not included) at the Rainforest Cafeteria. This is one gift shop we endorse as the proceeds are contributed to more research at the center.
The memory of this full day of touring nature will stay with you for a long time.
- Your visit contributes directly to the earth's sustainability through conservation and scientific research.
- All admissions, boat trip and aerial tram are included.
- Lunch at the cafeteria is not included. Beer and soft drinks are available for purchase.
- Lunch is not included in the tour cost.
- Please note that in Costa Rica there is some confusion about ship time vs. local time. Please see the purser on your ship to clarify whether your ship changes its time to local time so you don't miss your excursion. As each ship is ruled by its captain, it is your responsibility to confirm this while you are sailing.
- - Sorry, this tour does not operate on Christmas Day.
Days offered: 7 days a week