Aix En Provence, Provencal Market, Cassis And Wine TastingExplore > France > Marseille > Aix En Provence, Provencal Market, Cassis And Wine Tasting
This very leisure day delivers a combo which stops in magical places and delivers memories.
This Tour Includes:
- Air conditioned vehicle and English-speaking driver/guide
- Leisure time in Aix en Provence
- Provence market visit with local tastings
- Visit to village of Cassis with free time for lunch
- Optional boat ride along the Calanques (not included)
- Visit to AOC wine domains
Marseilles is the oldest city in France and the gateway to some of the most beautiful parts of the country. Though it is tempting to tour the city itself, you will be able to get a sense of Marseilles as you move through the narrow city streets north towards the countryside, which opens the doors to so many options.
One favorite is Aix en Provence, which can be referred to as "X" to any local or visitor. Always considered a very sophisticated town, it has called out to many famous artists, among them Cezanne, who lived here for many years and left his studio intact. You will have leisure time in the historic center to see the cathedral, the town hall square, fountains, private mansions, medieval streets fill with history. Before leaving, you will visit a Provencal market with your guide where you will taste some local specialties.
Your drive will continue towards the lovely fishing town of Cassis. This picturesque seaside community has an intimate little harbor and a sweet old town centre. Protecting the town are France's highest coastal cliffs which extend to the coast. We will bring you to the waterfront where you will have time to find a restaurant among many nestled along the marina area with outdoor seating and fresh fish of the day. After lunch we recommend an optional 45-minute boat ride along the coastline to see the Calanques - stunning geological cliffs and inlets which UNESCO World Heritage Sites have designated as one of theirs with its turquoise water and white cliffs.
Before heading back to Marseilles you will enjoy visiting 2 of the famous wine domains of Cassis. Both white and pink wines AOC from this region are famous and will be a perfect ending to the day.
- Lunch and beverages not mentioned are not included.
- Optional entrance fees in Aix en Provence to the cathedral, etc. not included. Cezanne studio entrance fee is 12€/pax.
- The extra charge for the 45mn of mini-cruise in Cassis is 15€/pax. You can decide while in Cassis if you wish to take the boat trip.
- There is a cost of €20 per person for the winetasting payable at the time of the tasting.
- There is some easy walking on this tour.
Days offered: 7 days a week