Whales And AlesExplore > United States > Juneau > Whales And Ales
Quick. Name two of your favorite things. Whales and beer.
There is a reason why Alaska is famous for whale watching. Take this tour as the easiest way to find out why.
Alaska is famous for whale watching and if their beers are anything like their humpbacks, then you are in for a real treat. Following your pickup near the cruise ship pier, we'll get you over to Auke Bay, which is the prime time location to start a whale watching trip. Your captain and naturalist will lead the charge as you pass through Favorite Channel, Stephens Passage, Lynn Canal, or Saginaw Channel, depending on monitored whale traffic. With binoculars in hand and a great position on a small boat, you'll be put in the perfect environment for catching a gaze at one of the ocean's most majestic creatures.
Historically the word "buzz" is often associated with beer drinking, but don't discount the rush you'll get from one-on-one time with mother nature. Just in case it isn't enough, we'll take you to the Alaskan Brewing Company anyway. As you enjoy complimentary tasting room samples, we'll show you Alaskan beer brewing at its finest. When the tasting is over, you'll walk away with a complimentary glass to drink from at home. Please drink responsibly as we'd rather not have you seeing whales walking around the streets of Juneau.
- Included in the price of the tour are onboard-the-boat refreshments including Coke products, bottled water, coffee and hot chocolate.
- An Alaskan snack of freshly-baked bagel with local salmon spread is included in the price of the tour. We are not able to accommodate any allergies or dietary restrictions. If you wish, you may bring your own snack.
- Entry and tastings at the Alaskan Brewing Company are also included.
- This tour is not available Tuesday afternoons.
- This tour requires a minimum of 6 people to run.
- Please note you must be at least 21 years of age to consume alcohol and must provide identification showing proof of age.
- All children under age 2 must sit on a parent's lap for the entire tour. No seats will be available on the boat for lap children.
- All passengers must be able to get on and off the bus and to navigate the steep incline between the bus and boat.
- The boat ride can be bumpy. Guests with neck, back or hip problems should not participate.
Days offered: 7 days a week