A wonderful introduction to Ensenada.
Spice up your vacation with a trip to the bustling Mexican city of Ensenada!
Known as the “Cinderella of the Pacific,” Ensenada is the perfect place to get a true taste of Mexican food and culture. This beautiful seaport town--one of the largest on the Baja peninsula--features cobblestone streets, tons of outdoor cafes and restaurants, street vendors selling handmade curios and traditional works of art, and lots of great opportunities for people watching.
After your greeting at the meeting location, you will begin with one of the highlights of Ensenada, La Bufadora. Just 21 miles south of the city, La Bufadora is a marine geyser or blowhole located on the Punta Banda Peninsula in Baja California, Mexico. The spout of sea water is the result of air, trapped in a sea cave, exploding upwards. Everyone wants to witness this while visiting.
While here, you can enjoy a lunch of fresh fish tacos and carne asada with handmade tortillas. Though this is not included in the cost of the tour, it is a bargain. Add a Mexican beer or margarita for an added boost in flavor.
Now we will return to the city to check out the main sites in Ensenada, including the Cultural Center Riviera, whose architecture dates from the 1930s and whose majestic facade and elegant rooms evoke the spirit and harmony of that era.
After touring the downtown area and surrounding attractions, you will have some freetime for shopping before heading back to the pier.
- The cost of lunch is not included in the price of this tour.
- There will be time for shopping during this tour.
- To get to the meeting point of the tour, it is a 5-minute walk or you can take the shuttle that transports passengers from the pier to the Convention Center Riviera del Pacifico ($1 per person).
- Please note that in Ensenada there is some confusion about ship time vs. local time. Please see your purser on your ship to clarify whether your ship changes its time to local time so you do not miss your excursion. As each ship is ruled by its captain, it is your responsibility to confirm this while while you are sailing.
- Guests with limited mobility may be accommodated. Please contact ShoreTrips if you will be traveling with a wheelchair.
Days offered: 7 days a week