The best island ATV with time at the beach and optional guided snorkel!
On this tour you will:
- Zoom around on an ATV in the jungle
- Visit an underground cave
- See a natural sinkhole
- Snorkel at the Marine Park
As soon as you meet your representative, you'll know you're going to have fun. The guides for this company exude energy and you can expect lots of laughter ahead.
You'll be transported to the start of the trail at the native village of El Cedral and, after instructions and a test run, you'll begin your adventure. The challenging trails are bumpy and winding, which is a good part of the fun. The lush green forest offers a perfect frame for the dirt path you'll explore in a safari-style caravan.
During this portion of the tour, we'll stop by a natural sinkhole called a cenote in the jungle. You will also see a natural cave. Both have ties to the Mayan Civilization that resided here long ago. This backroad portion of the tour shows you the wildness of this part of the island.
Next, you'll be transferred from the ATV "depot" to a great location near the Marine Park and reefs. Snorkel gear is included in your tour and we offer a guided snorkel trip for those who want more adventure. If you prefer, you can just relax and dig your toes in the sand.
At the end of your tour, you'll be returned to the cruise ship pier.
- Closed-toe shoes are mandatory while driving your ATV. The engines can get hot, so we recommend wearing long pants. You may get dirty on this trip, so please do not wear nice clothing.
- We recommend bringing a bandana and insect repellent. You may purchase both at the start of the tour.
- Please wear your swimsuit under your clothes (or pack) and bring a towel, sunscreen, and your hat for the beach portion of the tour.
- We suggest that you bring cash along in case you want something to eat at the beach club.
- Helmets and goggles will be provided. You can opt to wear your sunglasses or prescription glasses instead of goggles.
- We do not suggest bringing your cell phone with you on the ATV portion as the rocky path may cause it to fly out of your pocket. A camera with a strap is allowed, although you will have the option to buy photos/videos after the tour is over.
- Lockers are available to rent for the belongings you do not want to take on the ATV portion of the tour. The ATV's start and end at the same location.
- The exact meeting point for this tour will be on your voucher, but please know that it is a 5-10 minute walk from the Punta Langosta pier. From the International and Puerta Maya piers, a 10-15 minute taxi is required. The approximate taxi cost will be $5-$7 per person. If you have more specific questions, please call ShoreTrips.
- The minimum age for this tour is 6.
- The minimum age for driving is 16. You must bring your driver's license on the day of the excursion.
- The weight limit on the vehicle must not exceed 350 lbs. for safety purposes.
- Be aware that this tour travels off-road. Be prepared for a bumpy ride.
- Pregnant women are not allowed to participate.
- People with heart disease or back problems should consult a doctor before going on the tour.
- You may not be intoxicated while driving an ATV.
- If the snorkel portion is cancelled due to weather, no refunds will be made.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday