What's To Like?
Need expert help?
Meet Joni, one of our travel experts for Fiji.
Born in the Southwest, raised in the Northwest, I have called the South Pacific home for nearly 25 years. I founded J2 Travels in the late 1990s to share our knowledge with other like minded travelers – remembering always, that the joy is in the journey. I currently live on Maui, I'm endorsed by IATA, and am a member of the Fiji, Tahiti and New Zealand Tourism Boards.
Testimonials from Joni's clients:
"I want to say a big THANK YOU!! We had the most amazing time on our trip. Everything was wonderful. We absolutely loved Queenstown. We took the bus out to Milford Sound and then took a helicopter back as you suggested. It was raining the whole way out there but then the rain disappeared so we saw so many waterfalls it was breathtaking! We also went horseback riding in Glenorchy (well, I did – Pete got sick!) and that was amazing. The drive out there was beautiful and the ride itself was really fun. We tried to go skydiving but unfortunately it cancelled twice because of the winds. We also went jetboating,and spent a lot of time in the restaurants and bars in town. We then spent a few hours in Nelson and went out to Bleinhem for a day and did some wine-tasting, which was a lot of fun. When we were in Motueka we spent sometime relaxing and then did an 8 hour kayak/hike through Abel Tasman, which was truly amazing…and tiring! We spent a lot of our time in Rotorua just hanging out at the hotel and relaxing because it was just so beautiful, but we did go to hell’s gate which was really neat. In Auckland we spent a day walking around and then played golf one day. We also went to dinner at the Mudbrick restaurant in Waiheke which was great.
And on to Fiji...it was amazing! We loved Tokoriki. It was a beautiful spot and the Fijian people that worked there were so warm and friendly. The honeymoon bure that we stayed in was absolutely amazing, and we spent a lot of time just hanging out in our plunge pool. We also went snorkeling a few times, which was great. The food was also really good. As for the seaweed, there was definitely a fair bit of seaweed around and a slight smell of it, but it really wasn’t a big problem. After the first day we didn’t even think about it. I would definitely recommend Tokoriki to others, and would love to go back someday.
Thank you again for all of your help. We will definitely let our friends and family know how great you were when they head off to NZ / Fiji!
- Megan & Pete
"We had a fantastic time in Fiji. Qamea was particularly wonderful-rustic, authentic, beautiful, and communal. Staff members were incredibly friendly and always very accommodating. Namale was spectacular and definitely more upscale. Our bure was so elegant and we had a private deck overlooking the ocean that was phenomenal. We appreciated the remoteness and feel of Qamea over Namale, however, so we were delighted to have been there longer. I would certainly recommend Qamea to anyone traveling to that area of the world.
Thanks again for arranging this remarkable trip. It was incredibly unique and one we will remember always. We're both grateful to you.
- Naomi & Matt
"The Four Seasons Maui and your recommendations for the other island resorts we visited were wonderful. The Four Seasons Maui is impeccable, as we also enjoyed the Halekulani on Oahu and the Hyatt at Poipu on Kauai.
Thank you so much for your attention to detail, your availability every step of the way planning our honeymoon and assisting our guests. Your surprise gifts to us and our guests were extra special touches, and I can't rave enough about you. Even through the most stressful times I endured, you always kept your calm and made sure we were taken care of. You went above and beyond for us, going to the Four Seasons to take pictures of the construction before we got there for the wedding so we would be prepared, calling around to local stores to help me find items for gift baskets, giving us the scoop on where to shop, eat, etc.-all in such great detail as well!
You really are a true, experienced travel agent that doesn't just book trips, but travels to and knows the areas and resorts in which you book your clients and you become a trusted friend. It is with the utmost gratitude we write this in appreciation for everything you did to help make our honeymoon dreams come true for us and our guests.
- Michelle & Scott
"We are now home and slowly acclimating to reality. We had the most fabulous time on our holiday and want to thank you for seeing to it that every little detail was well planned, organized, and executed. We feel you really listened to our desires and planned "THE PERFECT" holiday...thank you so very much. We will definitely call you again and have recommended you to several of our friends. It is obvious that you really know both New Zealand and Fiji as I'm sure you know the other locations you book for your clients, I especially liked how you found locations that were less "touristy" and more reflective of the countries we were visiting...just as I requested. Thank you!"
- Randy and Teresa
"Kurstan and I had the most amazing time on our trip to Maui. The wedding went off without a hitch, even though when we arrived at the house that we rented for the occasion there were hurricane strength winds. They died down in just enough time to get the flower circle in a perfect place overlooking the ocean and everything went according to plan. The ceremony was thoughtful and such a happy time for us as well as Kurstan's mom and Jack who seemed pleased with the arrangements as well.
As for the honeymoon, that was a vacation of a lifetime. I have never been as happy as I was on this trip. The hotel was lovely and the service was fantastic. Our room was more spacious than I imagined and the view was breathtaking. The hotel itself was beautiful from the lounges to the restaurants to the pool area to the beach. The beach was the best that we saw on the island.
Also, Joni, you were so helpful in getting everything arranged with us and Kurstan's mom. It was difficult for us not having ever been to Maui figuring out where to stay and what to do, but you were more than helpful in making this a trip that will be remembered throughout our lives. What a way to start a marriage!
And, thank you for the champagne you sent to our room upon our arrival. It was such a great way to start our trip.
Thank you so much for everything, and we'll definitely contact you for any help we need with travel in the future.
- Heather & Kurstan
"Lisa and I had a magical experience at Qamea and everything was wonderful! You prepared us perfectly and all the details were worry free. We had a beautiful sunny day outdoor wedding in Michigan and then whisked away to paradise.
Thank you does not fully communicate our appreciation and we will be sending you referrals at every opportunity. We will be in touch soon and again, sincere thanks and warm regards!
- Scott & Lisa
We'll Match Any Price
We have access to virtually every travel special out there.
Our agents make a commission from the travel wholesalers, same
as every other agent or online travel site.
Why wouldn't you want a real travel expert on your side...for free?
See all our Fiji vacation packages.
The Remote Resort
> > >
The Remote Resort
The Remote Resort, Fiji Islands offers a personal and intimate all-inclusive Fiji honeymoon, vacation or diving experience on the spectacular Rainbow Reef, for up to 10 guests
Photo copyright The Remote Resort.
See thumbnails of all photos for this point of interest.
The Remote Resort
Video copyright The Remote Resort.
Welcome to The Remote Resort, Fiji Islands, a newly-constructed resort built on a former coconut plantation on it's own private 64-acre peninsula on the northern Fiji island of Vanua Levu.
Designed with privacy in mind, The Remote Resort Fiji Islands offers four freestanding oceanfront villas, a secluded white sand and coral beach leading to a marine park house reef and spoils of tropical landscape to wander.
Guests discover private island life with fresh local produce and seafood, stylishly-designed villas and off-the-beaten path experiences in an untouched slice of Fiji.
Spa treatments can be arranged in-villa. A treatment bed is setup on your private deck where you'll enjoy the sounds of the waves lapping the beach. The Remote Spa menu is authentically Fijian, incorporating treatments that have been thoughtfully designed to capture the essence of the South Pacific and incorporate Pure Fiji products.
Our handcrafted signature experiences are designed to showcase the natural beauty of the people and places of remote northern Fiji. Examples include hiking to untouched waterfalls, rowing down freshwater creeks, cruising Viani Bay for a beach picnic and snorkeling with the Manta Rays off Rabi Island. The daily signature experiences are dependent upon the prevailing tides, weather and local happenings. You can let us know what you're interested in on your pre-arrival survey so we can try to plan for those experiences during your stay.
- Guided snorkeling on Nukuni house reef - Right off the beach in front of the resort you'll find the Nukuni reef. There is an abundance of marine life including hundreds of tropical fish and varieties of coral stretching from one end of the peninsula to the other. Our team will guide you in a snorkel tour from the jetty to explore the world beneath the waves. Snorkel gear provided.
- Rainbow reef guided snorkel tour - A guided snorkel tour on the Rainbow reef, the soft coral capital of the world and home to over 25 dive sites featuring abundant colorful fish and marine life in warm, tropical waters.
- Snorkel with the Manta Rays - Snorkel with the Manta Rays just off Kioa Island, a breathtaking experience.
- Vanua Levu waterfall excursion - Boat to a nearby village and then set off for a car ride to the top of the mountain. Once on foot you'll be hiking on a rarely-used path through the forest to find a little-known waterfall. There'll be a chance to take a dip in the refreshing water.
- Hidden beach kayak and picnic - A short kayak around the headland will land you on the hidden beach. We'll deliver lunch and you can enjoy a snorkel or just swing in the hammock on your private beach. Call us when you're ready to return.
- The coconut & pina colada show - The Remote team is delighted to present a Coconut 101 where they will show you the many ways the humble coconut tree is used in everyday life in Fijian villages. The show culminates with the creation of our very own Nukuni Pina Colada with pineapples freshly picked from the garden and coconut milk straight from the tree.
- Sing-song and kava ceremony - Song and ceremony is an integral part of Fijian life. Join our serenader as he plays some tunes and share a bowl of kava. All instruments and voices welcome!
- Taveuni insider day trip - The day begins with a 20 minute boat ride over to Taveuni where you'll meet your driver. First stop: The 180 degree Meridian line. The date line runs right through Taveuni meaning that each new day starts exactly here. The Wairiki Mission Church is also a must-see in Taveuni, the Catholic Church was built in 1907 in honor of a French missionary who successfully advised Taveuni's warriors in how to defeat invading Tongans in a major battle. Fijians are known for their beautiful a cappella singing (Sunday services). After this stop you might like to choose to peruse some of the Taveuni shops and markets (closed Sundays) and then drive approximately 1.5 hours to the Bouma Waterfalls. The scenic drive will take you along the coastline of Taveuni and through Bouma village. At the heritage park you will see the entrance to the trail which will guide you through the rainforest full of rare tropical birds and island foliage. The walk to the first waterfall is 10 minutes and generally flat. The second and third waterfalls are a medium incline but are well worth it for the views if you have time. An optional final part of your excursion is to the Waitavala Natural waterslide. This rockslide is a natural wonder of Taveuni. It is located in the midst of beautiful tropical bush. It is best visited at times of the year when there is high rainfall and also on the weekend and school holidays when the Fijian kids are there to show you how it's done.
- Guided Nukuni nature hike - Join us on a hike up the hill and across to the peak of our peninsula where you'll enjoy panoramic views of the surrounding islands. Your guide will point out all of the fruit and vegetables growing (planted as well as wild) on the property and also the medicinal plants used in Fiji to combat many ailments (no guarantees! :))
- Mangrove kayak - For nature and kayak-lovers there is an inlet into the tall mangrove trees which becomes accessible at high-tide in the back bay. Put down your paddles and enjoy the birds and skipper fish.
- Hosted Kioa Village excursion and Meke performance - Get a glimpse of Polynesian life in Fiji at Salia village on Kioa Island. With an escorted visit you'll be behind the scenes of village life. See the local school, church and enjoy a traditional performance, as well as a chance to purchase local handicraft. The women are well known for their weaving and basketry. The men carve traditional canoes called druas.
- Korolevu Island snorkel, swim and picnic - Korolevu Island is located just off Taveuni Island (approx. 20-30 minute boat ride from the resort) and boasts a white sand beach perfect for swimming and some snorkeling. The island is very picturesque and when no one else is there, feels like a castaway experience. Order a picnic lunch and take it with you to make the most of it.
- Catamaran day sail - Come sailing with Looping, a 42 foot Catamaran that calls northern Fiji home. Enjoy a leisurely sail to either Kioa Island or the northern tip of Vanua Levu to spectacular snorkeling sites. In season (May – September) this is a wonderful way to snorkel with the Manta Rays. You might also choose to fish (hand lines), Stand Up Paddle board, or just relax in Looping's expansive nets. A gourmet lunch aboard the yacht is included along with morning and afternoon tea and home baked goodies. This is a sailing day you will never forget.
- Surfing - Our partners at Taveuni Ocean Sports offer surfing off Taveuni Island led by owner Julie. It is very dependent upon swell and wind direction so we have to check conditions the day before. It is an intermediate to advanced wave. There is a right-hander which is the better wave and also a left-hander which is fun too. It is approx a 1.5 hour boat ride. Included are snacks, drinks and boards.
- Kite surfing/kite boarding - Discover why kiting is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Our IKO qualified instructors give relaxed private lessons for the first time beginner all the way up to the advanced ride, all at your own pace. All equipment provided.
- Handline fishing - One of our staff will prepare handlines for you and teach you the art of Fijian hand line fishing.