Guided Half Day Of Athens - Pier Pickup & Hotel Drop OffExplore > Greece > Athens > Guided Half Day Of Athens - Pier Pickup & Hotel Drop Off
Your private vehicle and English-speaking GUIDE will show you the best sights of Athens.
After disembarking your cruise ship, you'll be picked up by your guide, visit the sites of Athens, and end your half-day adventure at your hotel.
This tour includes:
- Pickup at the cruise ship pier and drop-off at your hotel
- Services of an English-speaking guide
- 4-hour sightseeing tour of Athens: Syntagma Square, Herod Atticus Street, Panathenaic Stadium, Temple of Olympian Zeus, Hadrian's Arch, Acropolis, Propylaea, Temple of Athena Nike, Erechtheion, Parthenon
- Lots of amazing photo opportunities!
Begin your day by journeying to the city center and Syntagma Square, essentially the tourist core of Athens. Dominated by the old Royal Palace, now the Greek Parliament (where you can see the changing of the guards in front every hour on the hour!), Syntagma Square is where most of the famous ancient monuments are located. Visit the House of Parliament, the Memorial to the Unknown Soldier, and the National Library.
Next, we'll drive down Herod Atticus Street, where you'll see the evzones in their picturesque uniform and the Presidential Palace. On your way to the Acropolis, you'll see the Panathenaic Stadium (where the first Olympic Games of the modern era were held in 1896), the Temple of Olympian Zeus, and Hadrian's Arch.
Of course, you can't miss the Acropolis, the trademark of Athens. The ancient "high city" is topped with marble temples dedicated to the city's goddess Athena, and dates back to the Late Bronze Age. Following your climb to the top, you'll be rewarded with a visit to the architectural masterpieces of the Golden Age of Athens: the Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Erechtheion, and, finally, the Parthenon. Your licensed guide will entertain you with the history and myths of the beginning of civilization.
- The price of this tour does not include any food, beverages, entrance fees, or gratuities. Entrance fees to most Athenian archaeological sites are approximately 12€ per person.
- Please note that the Sunday Supplement also applies to the following Public Holidays in 2014: March 3 and 25; April 18, 20, 21; May 1; June 9; August 15; October 28; and December 25 and 26.
- Supplement is per group and not per person.
- This tour can only handle the luggage for up to 8 people. You are allowed 2 bags and a carry-on per person.
Days offered: 7 days a week