Sitka's Wild Paradise AdventureExplore > United States > Sitka > Sitka's Wild Paradise Adventure
Natural history and boating are not only the captain's professions, they are his passions.
Sitka Sound, where the sea breaks its back on the edge of the wild Tongass National Forest, is an amazing place. It is teeming with life! Whales (humpback, gray, minke, and orcas), Steller sea lions, harbor seals, sea otters, and jumping salmon, as well as puffins, eagles, brown bears, and many other fascinating wild animals live and prosper here.
This tour includes:
• An amazing boat ride for up to 6 passengers
• Lots of great wildlife viewing opportunities!
Your boat for this special tour is a safe, fast, 28-foot welded-aluminum beauty. She's a custom-built vessel constructed specifically for the demanding challenges of Alaskan waters. Designed for six passengers, she has a warm, comfortable cabin with large windows to maximize wildlife viewing from indoors, as well as a spacious foredeck for the open-air experience.
The captain, and owner, of this vessel is a USCG licensed 100-ton master with more than 30 years experience on the waters, beaches, and forests of Southeast Alaska. He holds a B.S. in forest sciences and is certified to teach biology in Alaska schools. He fished commercially for 10 years, worked as a foreign fisheries biologist and a U.S. Forest Service botanist, and has taught Alaska natural history since 1986. His enthusiasm is contagious.
This three-hour tour will take a maximum of six people at a time to the heart of this awesome abundance. Based on your personal preferences, we'll tailor your experience to focus on what you want to see most. Whether it is whales feasting on herring, otters lounging in the kelp, puffins with bills full of sand lance, roaring sea lions, the unmatched drama of Saint Lazaria Island, or even a bear on the beach, this is the tour for you!
• Dress for cool weather. The cabin is warm and dry for viewing, but if you are interested in "the outdoor experience," you might want to bring a rain slicker.
• Special cancellation notice: If you are booking a private charter, you can cancel up to 60 days prior. Within 60 days, the trip becomes non-refundable unless your ship misses port.
• This tour can accommodate a maximum of 6 people.
• For the safety and comfort of all on board, this tour maintains a maximum personal weight limit of 225 lbs.
• PLEASE NOTE: If you are on the Silver Shadow, Crystal Symphony, Oceania Regatta, or Seven Sea's Navigator, you can only book this as a private charter. We are not allowed to sell individual spaces for guests on those ships. Sorry.
Days offered: 7 days a week