Private Old And New San Juan With Authentic San Juan LunchExplore > Puerto Rico > Private Old And New San Juan With Authentic San Juan Lunch
This delightful tour showcases the history, architecture, and uniqueness of San Juan.
We are extremely fond of San Juan. Your guide will certainly "make your day" in this exciting city to remember.
This tour includes:
• Round trip transportation from the cruise ship pier
• Guided tour of Old and New San Juan
• Authentic roasted pork, chicken or turkey lunch
• Great photo opportunities and memories!
There is a magical quality to San Juan, and Old San Juan is the nucleus. A 465-year-old neighborhood originally conceived as a military stronghold, its seven square block area has evolved into a charming residential and commercial district. The narrow streets of this old walled city are paved with cobblestones and there are more than 400 carefully restored 16th and 17th century Spanish colonial buildings bordering small plazas. Architectural highlights include the Governor's Palace, San Juan Cathedral, the tiny Cristo Chapel, and the impressive San Cristobal Fort.
By this time you have surly worked up an appetite and are ready for lunch - but not just any lunch! Few tourists have the opportunity to experience what you will enjoy as an authentic BBQ in a special interior spot just 45 minutes from metro San Juan. "Pork Highway", as this area has become known, has been featured on multiple travel shows because of its wonderful authentic pork lunch consisting of roasted pork, rice and beans. The aroma hits you before you exit your vehicle and the lush authentic surroundings will certainly prove that though Puerto Rico is a US territory, they still know how to retain their cultural roots.
The process to produce this tasty treat will be explained as you watch your plate being prepared. For those who prefer not to eat pork, you will be able to enjoy some chicken with the same great flavors.
After we will head back to the pier - you can nap on the way.
• You will have the option to choose roasted pork, chicken or turkey
• One local beer, soda or water is included in the lunch. Cash Bar available.
• This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
• The $3.00 admission to San Cristobal Fort is not included. It will be collected at the time of the tour, should you decide to visit.
Days offered: 7 days a week