A Taste Of Vintage WineExplore > United States > California > A Taste Of Vintage Wine
Enjoy a scenic ride with your guide to the epicenter of California wine country.
Many people do not realize the close proximity of Sonoma and Napa to San Francisco. This is a perfect introduction to an education in California wines.
Your small group tour will be headed by an expert in wines, who will also be your driver. Heading north from San Francisco, you will soon be surrounded by Sonoma wineries and vineyards. Sonoma County, adjacent to Napa Valley, stretches from the Pacific Coast in the west to the Mayacamas Mountains in the east, and is home to almost 60,000 acres of vineyards and more than 400 wineries. Within the borders are 16 American Viticultural Areas (AVAs, or appellations) – each with its own distinctive characteristics. This diversity makes the area one of California’s best Wine Country destinations.
The wineries you will visit are determined by their varietals to give you a balance of different grapes for your exploration in this world of wine. Both Sonoma and Napa are made up of small communities that also offer different experiences in shopping and dining. But both areas are friendly to the visitor and deliver a wide variety of value and interests. Wherever your guide determines to stop along the way for some freetime, you will enjoy for the influence of the locals who are there for their love of this area, its climate, and its wine!
- Bottled water and chocolates provided by the guide.
- Food and beverages not mentioned in the description are not included.
- Time for lunch with various choices will be available.
- Please dress in layers as weather changes are common in San Francisco and its surroundings.
- This tour will not accommodate passengers that are exiting their ship in San Francisco with luggage. Please purchase our post-cruise tours for that service.
- This tour requires a minimum of 3 passengers.
Days offered: 7 days a week