Cooking Demonstration At Henry Cabot Lodge's HouseExplore > Viet Nam > Ho Chi Minh (Saigon) > Cooking Demonstration At Henry Cabot Lodge's House
Taste the local cuisine!
The best part of Vietnamese cuisine is the fact that it goes beyond just the taste and takes into account the importance of "yin and yang" with all dishes.
The thought of this tour should have your mouth watering before you even start packing for your vacation. Bring a handkerchief to wipe away your drool as you spend the day dissecting and devouring some of the best eats in all of Asia. Known for its fresh ingredients and healthy cooking methods, this tour will have you craving Vietnamese food every time your hunger strikes!
After being picked up right off the pier you will be taken straight to the famous Ben Thanh market for a chef-led tour discussing all aspects of the local dishes. One of the most famous landmarks in Ho Chi Minh City, the Ben Thanh Market provides an invigorating shopping experience and represents the grocery hub of Ho Chi Minh city. This introduction to key Vietnamese cooking ingredients will set you up perfectly for your interactive cooking class at the residence of former ambassador Mr. Henry Cabot Lodge.
When Lodge arrived in Saigon, an old villa in District 3 was converted into the Ambassador’s residence. Mr. Lodge lived in this home between 1960-1965 and the architecture is a mix of Vietnamese, French, and American. Today it remains a private residence that has been fully restored to its former glory. A guide will provide an orientation tour of the house while the chef prepares the ingredients. Learn typical Southern-style dishes throughout the morning. The chef will show you how to serve each dish before the meal and we promise you will have the chance to master the chopsticks just before savoring your own culinary creations in the old world ambiance of the villa.
- Drinks are not included in the price of the tour.
- As the Henry Cabot Lodge house is a sought after location we recommend booking in advance. If it is already full at the time of booking we will propose to you a similar option at the Saigon Culinary Art Center.
- You will need to provide your passport information at the time of the booking.
- Please alert ShoreTrips in advance of any dietary restrictions or food allergies. We will do our best to accommodate.
- Please note there is surcharge pricing for all National and New Year holidays as well as peak season. You will be notified of any increased costs prior to confirmation. Contact ShoreTrips with any questions.
Days offered: 7 days a week