Now you can see and taste the island!
Join a group of folks all bent on seeing the best that Cozumel has to offer. Your tour will begin as you board your bus and head off to the water park for some fun and relaxation.
During the afternoon, you will learn how to make a 3-course Mexican dinner and each step of the way you will enjoy your demo and then apply the lessons personally. This extremely organized experience will deliver an appetizer of corn tortillas with shrimp in a tomato and chipotle sauce with a topping of the traditional cheese, lettuce, and cream. Shrimp can be replaced with chicken breast or potato if you prefer. A lesson in entrees brings you fish covered in sautéed veggies with a tamarind and chili powder sauce, all wrapped in foil and grilled. This is definitely a useful recipe to take home with you for entertaining. And always there is a dessert! Enjoy caramelized plantains with cinnamon and sugar and drizzled with a chocolate and tequila sauce.
Along with your entire time at the facility, you will have a national open bar included. Purified bottled water, draft beer, assorted soft drinks, juice, mixed drinks with tequila, mezcal, brandy, rum, vodka such as margaritas, piña colada, rum punch, daiquiris assorted flavors, American coffee, and Mexican wine.
- The cooking class begins at 1:00 pm. Prior to class, feel free to enjoy the beach and water park.
- Full facilities are available at the water park. Restrooms, showers, changing rooms and locker rentals (not included).
- Please note: In order to restore/maintain the health of Cozumel's precious reefs, all guests must shower to remove sunblock prior to entering the ocean or Playa Mia's pools, waterslides, etc. We suggest the use of hats and long-sleeved UV-filtering shirts to protect yourself from the sun).
- Bring your camera and cash or credit card for additional purchases.
- Please note that the beach and facilities are sometimes closed on Sundays, though usually open when a ship is in port.
- Please note that Playa Mia will be closed on February 4th and 16th, March 17th, and April 21st, 2020.
- The beach and facilities close at 6 p.m.
- The minimum age for alcohol consumption is 18 years old.
- You must be at least 12 years old to participate in this excursion.
- Please alert ShoreTrips in advance of any dietary restrictions or food allergies. We will do our best to accommodate.
- Playa Mia is committed to protecting the ocean environment and Cozumel’s vast coral reefs. Therefore, they do not allow the use of any type of sunscreen, sunblock or suntan lotion which could eventually make its way into the ocean. All guests must shower BEFORE entering either the ocean or Playa Mia’s pools, water slides, etc. We suggest the use of long-sleeved UV-filtering shirts, hats, and sunglasses to protect yourself from the sun. The coral, fish and all other sea creatures thank you for your cooperation!
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday