Mayan Ruins, Playa Mia Water Park And MoreExplore > Mexico > Cozumel > Mayan Ruins, Playa Mia Water Park And More
Now you can see the island, the ruins and the gorgeous Caribbean waters in one tour.
This tour includes:
• Pier pickup with bus and licensed guide
• Visit to San Gervasio Mayan Ruins, entrance included
• Stop at El Mirador Lookout
• Access to the only Water Park in Cozumel
• International Buffet
• Kids area with slides, pirate ships, water-canons and other facilities!
• Oasis Island Pool with Hydro Massage Tub
• 200 feet long waterslide
• Floating adventure park
• Water trampolines
• Kids Activities Programs
• Personal lounge chair
• Return to downtown Cozumel for shopping, walk or taxi back on your own
Join a group of folks all bent on seeing the best that Cozumel has to offer. Your guide will begin as you board your bus and within 45 minutes, depending on where you begin your tour, you will arrive at San Gervasio ruins.
Cozumel is home to numerous Mayan ruin sites scattered all over the island which are both excavated and non-excavated. Among these excavated or partially uncovered sites is San Gervasio. It may not be apparent but in terms of importance in the Mayan culture, Cozumel's San Gervasio Ruins are a more significant site than Tulum which was simply a coastal "watch post". These ruins are dedicated to Ix Chel, the Mayan goddess of fertility and rain. In ancient times every Mayan woman was expected, at least once in her lifetime, to make the journey to Cozumel from the mainland to provide offerings to Ix Chel for her family's fertility and crop sustenance. Hear this history during your stop for photos.
Just a short ride away during which you will see and learn more about the island of Cozumel you will enter the east coast, best known for its rugged coastline. Take in the rough weathered natural beauty from El Mirador Lookout. The sea has carved an arch in the rock which you can climb on top of for great views. Look out towards Cuba, only 60 miles away across the horizon of the Caribbean Sea.
After about 2 hours of touring, you will arrive at the water park. Now you can let loose on all of the ingredients that will create a perfect day at the beach. From the list of activities, you can see the wonderful options available to you during your stay.
At the appointed time and place you will reboard your bus and drive into the town of Cozumel. Here you will find wonderful shopping and great margaritas. When you are ready to reboard your ship, you can walk to 2 of the cruise piers or taxi at your cost to Punta Langosta Pier.
• It is recommended that you bring or wear a swimsuit and sunscreen, towel, hat, and change of clothes.
• Alcoholic beverages and soft drinks are not included.
• Recommendations Biodegradable sunscreen, camera, cash or credit.
• Snorkel gear is available for rental.
• Parasails and wave runners are available for rental.
• Full facilities are available at the water park. Restrooms, showers, changing rooms and locker rentals (not included).
• Minimum age for alcohol consumption is 18 years old.
• You will be dropped off at the Cozumel shopping district near the Plaza del Sol. This is approximately a 5-10 taxi ride from Puerta Maya pier and about a 10 minute walk from the Punta Langosta pier. Your guide will be happy to instruct you on the best way to get back to the cruise ship.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday