Take an entertaining class in Mexican cooking - and eating - and then beach it!
This Tour Includes:
- Roundtrip transfers from your cruise pier
- 90 minutes cooking, talking, and entertainment
- 60 minutes of dining pleasure
- 90 minutes enjoying beach time
- Domestic open bar throughout as described
- Entrance to the water park and many of the activities
It is not enough to know how to cook, but to translate that experience into a fun event is masterful. You will find this adventure will more than fulfill your expectations. Your experience at this facility will be split into two parts: beach and cooking. Depending on your arrival time, you will be directed properly.
For the cooking portion you will have your own work station in a state-of-the-art kitchen to be shared with 3 other committed eaters. The object is to learn how to make a 3-course Mexican dinner and each step of the way you will enjoy your demo and then apply the lessons personally. This extremely organized experience will deliver an appetizer of corn tortillas with shrimp in a tomato and chipotle sauce with a topping of the traditional cheese, lettuce and cream. Shrimp can be replaced with chicken breast or potato if you prefer. A lesson in entrees brings you a fish covered in sautéed veggies with a tamarind and chili powder sauce, all wrapped in foil and grilled. This is definitely a useful recipe to take home with you for entertaining. And always there is a dessert which is of plantains caramelized with cinnamon and sugar and drizzled with a chocolate and tequila sauce.
Along with your entire time at the facility, you will have a national open bar included. Purified bottled water, draft beer, assorted soft drinks, juice, mixed drinks with tequila, mezcal, brandy, rum, vodka such as margaritas, piña colada, rum punch, daiquiris assorted flavors, American coffee, Mexican wine.
The second part of your day will be spent at the beach. You can enjoy your free time swimming in the waters of the Caribbean, sunbathing on the sandy beach, or plunge into the Floating Park and/or the new water park which includes the Buccaneers Bay kids' area, Oasis Island Pool, Hydro Massage Tub and the 200-foot long Twin Twister Waterslides.
- The menu is subject to change.
- There are several workshops during the day, participation is designated in a first-come first-serve basis, you will be informed the hour of your workshop at the meeting point by our representative. Guests will have beach time before and after the designated workshop. Workshops are at 10:30, 11:30, 12:30 and 1:30.
- All participants must be in good health, must be self-sufficient and must be able to stand for at least 90 minutes. Participants must be able to descend and ascend stairs.
- Under age participants must be accompanied, directly supervised and cared for by a responsible Adult Companion, Parent(s) or Legal Guardian at all times.
- Services Available for an Additional Fee: picture & frame, snorkel equipment rental, locker rental, towel rental, outdoor massage services, hair braiding, wave runners or parasailing.
- We recommend bringing: biodegradable sunscreen, camera, cash or credit card for shopping.
- Not available if your ship leaves at 4 p.m. or earlier.
- Straight shots are not provided; alcoholic beverages are served only as mixed drinks.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- Minimum age is 14 years old.
- Hotel guests must take a taxi to the location.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday