City Drive & Cartagena Museum Of Modern Art VisitExplore > Colombia > Cartagena > City Drive & Cartagena Museum Of Modern Art Visit
Wonderful day in Cartagena!
This is a wonderful city with a magic that can make you fall in love in a second. Declared a World Cultural Heritage Site by UNESCO, Cartagena adds an intense nightlife, international cultural festivals, lush scenery, magnificent beaches, excellent cuisine, and a diverse hotel and tourist infrastructure to its colonial, republican, and modern architecture. No one doubts that Cartagena is the jewel of the Colombian Caribbean.
This city tour will provide you with an overview of Cartagena, along with some shopping time at both Las Bovedas and Bocagrande, famous for its variety of shops.
Your tour begins with a visit to the Museum of Modern Art - Cartagena. The museum is home to a small yet thoughtfully curated collection of art featuring both local and international artists.
Next, we'll continue to Las Bovedas (The Dungeons) for about 35 minutes of handicraft shopping. Local artisans display their works of art and handicrafts here.
Our next stop will be to a famous jewelry store and the only one in town that does not offer a commission to guides, which we find excellent! Here, you'll find Colombia’s famous native gem, the emerald.
- We recommend that you wear comfortable walking shoes, sunglasses, sunscreen, and a hat.
- You may want to bring some extra cash for souvenirs and gratuities.
- You will see all of the sites listed, but perhaps in a different order.
- Colombia has a strong sun! Make sure you wear/bring sunscreen.
- Times are flexible. Please call ShoreTrips if you wish to change the time.
- We do not provide strollers or car seats, so if you have small children, you'll want to bring these items with you.
Days offered: 7 days a week