Discover a whole new side of Aruba with a friendly, fun-loving group of guides.
This award-winning excursion is why Jeep touring has become so popular in Aruba.
Your tour begins with a warm welcome from your friendly guides, who will transport you from your starting location to your Jeep. Here, we'll embark on a fun-filled, guided safari adventure that's designed to showcase the rugged, unseen beauty of Aruba.
After a little instruction, you'll hop into your 4-door 4x4 Jeep Wrangler (accommodating up to 5 people) and head out to discover places that are only accessible by four-wheel drive vehicles.
We'll travel safari-style to the wild side, making stops at such unique locations as the California Light House, named after a ship called the Californian, which has the distinction of having received distress signals from the Titanic as she went down in icy waters in 1912.
After the California Light House, you will make a short stop at the Rock Garden, a mix of stacked rocks created by tourists like you over the past years. Add your stone to the garden before we move on to a great view of the rough North Coast, a quick photo op.
Your next stop will be Alto Vista Chapel. The chapel was built on the site of the first Catholic church built in Aruba in 1750 by a Spanish missionary. It is a special place for peace and contemplation, surrounded by the Aruban countryside. You will feel its inspiration. The Baby Natural Bridge will follow and you will see the formation of coral limestone cut by years of pounding surf.
We will give you a chance to find some gold (if you're lucky) at the Bushiribana gold mine ruins. The Bushiribana smelter was built in 1872 by the Aruba Island Gold Mining Company to extract gold from the ore that was being mined in the nearby hills of Ceru Plat. Afterwards, you will visit the famous Ayo Rock Formation, where you can see some ancient Indian drawings left behind by the original inhabitants of Aruba.
Finish off the trip with a scenic drive along the Southern coast back to your ship/resort.
- Soft drinks and bottled water are included in the price of this tour.
- As the dirt roads taken may be dusty, we recommend comfortable clothes that may get dusty and sensible walking shoes or sneakers. A scarf or bandana may be appreciated, and sun glasses, a hat and sun screen are suggested.
- We suggest that you wear sunglasses and sunblock.
- If you have less than 5 in your group, your guide will match you up with others. Guests wanting a private jeep will need to purchase all 5 seats.
- All Jeeps are automatic and have removable canopies.
- Although there is no age restriction on this tour, it is not recommended for children under age 5.
- If you plan on driving, you must be at least 21 years old and have a valid driver's license with you.
- All guests must be able to be to sit and be belted in a seat. A large portion of the tour is on uneven bumpy dirt roads, several only accessible by 4 wheel drive. Guests with neck, back or hip ailments, the elderly and pregnant women should not participate.
- You can book this trip if your ship is in port past 3 p.m.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday