Helicopter Ride With Authentic Dog SleddingExplore > United States > Anchorage > Helicopter Ride With Authentic Dog Sledding
Glaciers and Dog Sledding. What more do you want?
On Punchbowl Glacier you will meet the kennel of 2013 Iditarod Champion Mitch Seavey.
Ask anyone who has done a flight while in Alaska what their most memorable experience was and they are certain to reference their time in the air. Combine this with an authentic dog sledding experience and this very well could be the best excursion in all of Anchorage. Helicopters, glaciers, beautiful scenery and Huskies....what more could you want?
Following your pick up you will be taken to scenic Girdwood and board a Robinson R44 helicopter for a flight through the Chugach Mountain Range. The final destination will be Punchbowl Glacier where your small group will have the chance to interact with an experienced musher camp. Ask a musher any question that comes to mind as you walk along the glacier introducing yourself to Iditaord trained dogs and puppies. Once acquainted with the team you will hop aboard a sled for a ride of your own! This is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity.
- No minimum fitness required.
- Dress with warm, water-resistant coat, hat, and gloves.
- Wear tennis shoes or lightweight hiking boots.
- Bring your camera and binoculars.
- If needed, boots and raincoats will be provided.
- Passengers coming off the cruise ships that arrive into the Anchorage cruise ship port (not Whittier or Seward) can do this excursion. You will need to take the shuttles the cruise line provides to downtown Anchorage.
- Each helicopter holds 3 guests and each program takes a maximum of 3 helicopters.
- No bags or backpacks of any sort are allowed on the helicopter. Everything you bring must fit in your pockets. Cameras or binoculars must fit into pockets or worn around your neck.
- You will be required to furnish the weight of each passenger. Be prepared to weigh in for this tour.
- This tour will be operating from May 21, 2017 - August 31, 2017.
- Guests weighing 300lbs or more are unable to participate in this program
Days offered: 7 days a week