Shoretrips Give...Adina Donovan Senior CenterExplore > Virgin Islands (British) > Tortola > Shoretrips Give...Adina Donovan Senior Center
Entertain and assist at a local home for the elderly!
ShoreTrips has recently joined forces with Hope Floats, a non-profit, based in California, that, like us, has a number of volunteer-based activities already setup. ShoreTrips is privileged to be able to work with Hope Floats as we share a mutual love for the well-being of the islands. With the help of our travelers, we are certain we can make a lasting impression in the Caribbean.
This senior center is home to 25 residents who range in ages from 50 to 100. The goal of the senior center is to promote independence while helping residents grow personally, psychologically, mentally, socially and spiritually. Looking at itself as a community, the facility uses the capacities, skills and talents of each resident and staff member to enhance the life of every contributing member.
On this day of volunteering you will assist in the day to day procedures of the Senior Center. Join the residents for lunch and learn about life on the island of Tortola from the wise minds of long time citizens. Sometimes sharing stories is more valuable than physical contributions!
- Please be mindful of the clothing you wear today.
- Bottled water and bathroom facilities are provided at the location.
- The meeting location can be reached by a 5-7 minute walk or approximately a 5 minute taxi ride that will cost about $5 per person each way. Further details will be on our ShoreTrips GIVE voucher.
ShoreTrips GIVE was developed to connect travelers with ongoing volunteer projects in the Caribbean. To accomplish this, ShoreTrips has partnered with Hope Floats, a non-profit foundation, which has agreed to organize these activities and to provide a meet and greet representative. The fee to participate in a GIVE activity covers all administration costs; the fee is not tax deductible.
- If you have more than 4 people in your party, please call ShoreTrips for additional pricing.
- Age Requirements: 16+ with adult chaperone.
- This facility is closed from December 22-January 2 for the holidays.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday