Awaken your sense of smell!
This family run business focuses on small batch quality and educating travelers on the past, present and future of fragrances.
Usually on vacation your taste buds and eyes get all of the attention. Let us not forget that we have 5 senses! Although there is no direct correlation, it is safe to say many Perfumeries in the area find their inspiration from the fresh Caribbean air and we are certain that we have found the best noses in St. Martin to capture it.
After your pick up at the pier you will begin with a scenic drive to the Tijon fragrance headquarters. We like to look at this as the pre-game warm up for your nostrils. Soak in the surroundings and fire up your sensory cells in preparation for this unique interactive experience.
Following a brief introduction by the owner or as most people call him, The Nose, you will begin your journey into the depths of fragrance creation. From the start you will learn how perfumes are made and how scents are bottled, providing the perfect precursor to your own conception. The process begins by choosing from 12 pre-mixed oils followed by 3 additional oils from a collection of 300+ scents. You will go through this process three times so you won't feel any pressure to create a masterpiece on your first attempt. Your favorite concoction will then be sealed into a 1.8 ounce bottle for you to take home. If you find yourself lost amongst the smells don't be afraid to ask your guide or a fellow traveler for a critique!
With your personalized scent and gift package in hand you will return home with the smells of the French Caribbean in your pocket.
- This excursion requires a minimum of 2 passengers.
- Transfers to and from the perfume facility takes approximately 30 minutes each way and is included in the trip duration.
- Lab coats are provided to all participants.
- The recommended minimum age for this class is 9.
- This excursion can be run on Saturday or Sunday based on request. This would fall outside of their normal operating hours and would require an adjusted cost. Please contact ShoreTrips.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday