Turn your photos from incidental to excellent!
We have forgotten what it is like to take a great photo. So if you carry a real camera and want to return with photos that really show the beauty of this state, accompany our friend, a professional photographer, whose tips will be with you for your future vacations as well.
This tour includes:
- Round trip transportation from the cruise ship pier
- Local and professional photography guide
- Access to the best photo stops in Skagway
- Small group tour
The beauty of Alaska is breathtaking but the question is always how to translate what your eye sees to a photo. On this tour you will have a rare opportunity to focus on photographing the stunning scenery of Skagway and the surrounding area. Your local professional photography guide will take you in a small group that will allow you to leave his company with tips and lessons to better your photos forever.
As a local, your guide knows the terrain and he will take you to his favorite locations with ample time to set up the best shots. Depending on conditions you may be shooting the dramatic scenery of the White Pass summit, which is a wonderland of azure lakes and stunted forests. Along this mother nature carved valley are glaciers, thundering waterfalls, majestic mountain vistas and pristine wilderness.
Or you may travel along the scenic coastline towards the ghost town of Dyea, which lies inside the Klondike Goldrush Historical Park. There remains of a number of gold building foundations surrounded by scraps of lumber and metal, 3 cemeteries, lots of nature particularly in spawning season and again, the most beautiful vistas and valleys.
The emphasis on this tour will be learning and experiencing the time for excellent photography rather than having your pictures be 'incidental'. Your guide will be open and helpful in suggesting shots and learning all that your camera can do for you. Issues such as composition, exposure, and depth of field are invaluable when shooting scenery as vast as Alaska's.
The theme - flexibility instead of adhering to a rigid schedule!
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 passengers.
- No specialized equipment is necessary. Your tour guide will be able to make suggestions to travelers of any experience level.
- Your main visiting point for this excursion will be the White Pass Summit. Dyea will serve as the back-up if weather conditions are poor throughout the White Pass. There is not enough time to visit both locations.
- Please note that if you are participating in other activities that visit the White Pass, you may be repeating the scenery.
- Since this excursion enters Canada, all citizens MUST carry a valid passport. The only exception to this requirement is for U.S. citizens under the age of 16 (or under 19, if traveling with a school, religious, or other youth group) who need only present a birth certificate. If you plan to travel to Canada with a minor who is not your own child or for whom you do not have full legal custody, you may be required to present a notarized affidavit of consent from the minor’s parents. It should include dates of travel, parents’ names, and photocopies of their state-issued IDs.
Days offered: 7 days a week