Get off the beaten path in Madrid.
Unique sculptures throughout the park give the perfect taste of modern Spain just outside of the city center.
This tour includes:
- Round trip transportation from area hotel
- Private vehicle with English speaking guide
- Bike or stroll through Juan Carlos Park
- Royal Palace of El Pardo
- Tapas and wine at a Bodega built in 1702
If you don't have the luxury of knowing a friend in Madrid ShoreTrips will set you up with the next best thing, a guide that will show you a side of the city tourists seldom experience. Following your pick up in a private car you will head to Juan Carlos Park which at 400 acres is the largest in Madrid. While journeying through the green areas, canals, wide open spaces, panoramic views and modern sculptures you will learn about the park's interesting transition from an environmentally degraded area to a favorite leisure spot for locals. Make sure to spend some time at the Gardens of Three Cultures which contains three landscaped zones that represent the Arabic, Jewish and Christian cultures.
Going from modern to historic you will drive just outside downtown Madrid to explore the Royal Palace of El Pardo. With its construction finishing in 1547 this 220 room palace is the oldest in the entire city. Insights into the life of a Spanish King will amaze you with beautiful tapestries, historic paintings and luxurious living quarters. One of the most interesting spots within the palace is the private chambers where General Franco lived during the 37 years that he ruled Spain.
As you have heard by now, no day is complete in Spain without a glass of wine and tapas. You will be taken to the oldest and most genuine Bodega in town which is currently managed by the 8th generation of the same family. A favorite to locals but unknown by tourists!
- Original passport or driver's license is required to access bikes at Juan Carlos Park. The bikes are a free option provided by the park.
- Admission to the Royal Palace of El Pardo is included in the price.
- A glass of local wine and two Gastronomic "Tapas" are included in the price.
- The bike ride portion of this tour is optional. You will still be able to enjoy the entire park on foot. Please wear comfortable walking shoes.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday