Limited Mobility Panoramic St. KittsExplore > Saint Kitts and Nevis > Saint Kitts > Limited Mobility Panoramic St. Kitts
This tour is designed to offer less walking and more sightseeing from the seat in your van.
On this tour you will:
• Take a comfortable panoramic ride around St. Kitts
• Visit sites that are accessible with collapsible wheelchair
• See the historic Circus, the city's center
• See Black Rocks and Timothy Hill Lookout
• Visit Romney Manor, see the batik demo, and view the rainforest garden
• Enjoy a stop at South Frigate Beach
St. Kitts is one of the few Caribbean islands where one can see most of the circumference from the seat of a vehicle. This easy, picturesque excursion has been designed to be suitable for guests, along with their companions and/or and families, who have limited mobility. Island life will be brought into focus as you see the past, present and future of St. Kitts.
Experience the historic city center, one of the most interesting in the Caribbean. Barely out of town, nature's beauty will unfold as you travel.
You will have the opton of viewing the batik demonstration at Romney Manor and see the rainforest gardens. As you travel around the island, you will see many historic sites and make stops at natural wonders such as Gibbons Hill, where the boisterous Atlantic Ocean comes together and meets the calm Caribbean Sea.
The Black Rocks, the ebony volcanic formations surrounded by panoramic vistas are easily visible as well as Timothy Hill Lookout for more impressive settings for a perfect photo of the scenic coastal resort areas. Frigate Bay and Half Moon Bay are below with their expanded stretches of sand.
This tour will give you insight into the previous era of the sugar estates, heritage,culture and strength of the Kittitian community. Toend on a relaxing note, we will stop at South Friar's Beach where the beach club will have facilities for you to swim, relax and catch a little sun.
• The vehicle DOES NOT have a ramp for power wheelchairs. If you are using a collapsible wheelchair or even a power scooter that can come apart, you are able to take this tour.
• You must be able to board a van with assistance and sit upright in a van seat.
• This tour as described is not suitable for wheelchair bound guests.
• Wear cool clothing and bring along towel, swimsuit and sun protection if you intend to enjoy the last stop at the beach. Everyone in the van must stop or return to the pier at one time.
• The vehicle is not equipped with a ramp for a power wheelchair.
• This is not for wheel-chair bound passengers.
• The passenger must be able to get into a van with assistance and sit upright.
• No food or beverages are included in this tour. They are available along the way for purchase.
• Participants MUST BE able to negotiate 2 steps in and 2 steps out of transportation. The taxi driver is willing to assist traveling companions with helping the guest in and out of the taxi, where the seats are upright and have seatbelts. Larger groups will be using coasters.
• Maximum weight of guest is limited to 330 lbs.
Days offered: 7 days a week