Heavenly Hangzhou - Hotel Guests OnlyExplore > China > Shanghi > Heavenly Hangzhou - Hotel Guests Only
Discover the best of Hangzhou!
"Heaven on Earth" is not as far away as you think! With its natural beauty and captivating cultural heritage, the city of Hangzhou is one of the best stops you can make in all of China. With thousands of historians, poets and artists marking their places in history you can't truly appreciate this storied city until you have explored it yourself.
The West Lake stands out as the best-known feature in the area. For close to 10 centuries the lake has been a sacred retreat for the cultural elite of China and has a unique meaning for each visitor. Considered to be a traditional Chinese garden but on a larger scale, the West Lake represents the reason why many people consider Hangzhou the best escape in Eastern China. From taking a personal boat ride to exploring the romantic Broken Bridge, developing an instant infatuation with the area will be impossible to avoid.
At the Dragon Well Tea Plantation, you will have the opportunity to explore the facilities which are home to some of the most sought-after teas in China. Deriving its name from a local well that was believed to house a dragon, this inherently alluring complex has been producing tea for thousands of years and through multiple emperors. As you spend time relaxing in the pavilions and tea houses enjoying samples that few have the opportunity to acquire, you will reflect in amazement at the history surrounding the tea trade itself and the fame of this particular plantation. Its rise to acclaim started when the ruler of the Qing dynasty visited with intentions to bring tea back to his ill mother. She was then cured.
Medicinal practices have varied throughout the history of time and Hangzhou's Museum of Traditional Chinese Medicine provides intriguing insight into traditional Eastern medicine. From demonstrations to explanations of famous practices, you will have the opportunity to understand both the thought process and science behind some of the most unique treatments in medicinal history. Perhaps you will find the perfect cure for a lingering ailment!
- This tour involves guided transportation to and from the train station in Shanghai. Once in Hangzhou, you will be picked up at the train station by your guide and driver who will return you to the station following the tour. You will be met again and returned to the cruise ship pier.
- The train from Shanghai to Hangzhou takes about 1 hour.
- Price includes boat ride on West Lake and tea tasting at the plantation.
- Each boat can hold a maximum of 5 passengers. If your group is larger, you will be split between 2 boats.
- Lunch is not included in the price. Expect it to cost about 25-30 USD per person.
- This tour is suitable for hotel guests only, due to time constraints for cruise ship passengers.
- It is required that we receive a color copy of your passport at least 1 week prior to your trip date in order to purchase train tickets. Please direct these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Days offered: 7 days a week