One Day Napa Valley Wine Train From San Francisco
Enjoy the famous Napa Valley Train, including wine tastings and gourmet lunch, in a seamless day
This tour includes:
- All transportation to and from San Francisco at the Ferry Pier as described
- A 2-hour Wine Train Ride
- The Gourmet Lunch Package
- Grgich Hills Tasting (12:30 p.m. stop)
- Tasting Passes to use during free time in Napa
- Welcome taste of house wine after boarding the train
This whirlwind day will introduce you to the best and perhaps the most enjoyable method of experiencing Napa Valley.
Begin your day with a ferry ride (during the week) or a bus (Saturdays and Sundays) to Vallejo, less than an hour away. You will be met as you disembark and take a quick shuttle for this seamless journey to the Train Depot, where you will have time for a tasting before boarding your train.
Your train ride is 2 hours and will take you through the most lush countryside in the U.S. These train cars have been expertly refurbished and the 1915-1917 Pullman Cars create an atmosphere conducive to relaxation and enjoyment.
As you journey northbound from downtown Napa through the Napa Valley, you'll enjoy a gourmet lunch in an elegant dining car. Food is prepared in a specially-fabricated kitchen car located immediately adjacent to each dining area. The meals are freshly prepared on the train using environmentally-responsible ingredients, humanely raised, hormone-free meats, and fresh, line-caught fish. Wine is not included, but is available for purchase on the train and, of course, at the wine tastings you'll have.
Lunch includes fresh soup or salad and choice of entrée while traveling up the valley, and dessert with coffee or tea on the return trip. Once you return to Napa, at about 2:30 p.m., you will receive some tasting passes and you can walk the streets to enjoy new wines or do some shopping.
Your return to San Francisco starts exactly where you were left, at the Depot, at 4:15 p.m., and you can expect to arrive into San Francisco close to 6:45 p.m.
The price of this tour does NOT include:
- Wine with lunch, which may be purchased on board the train
- Wine tasting at the Wine Tasting Car of the Train
- Corkage fee of $15.00 per 750ml bottle guest brings on board
- Wine purchases
- Extra wine tastings
- This is an antique wine train and is not friendly to limited mobility travelers.
- This tour requires moderate stair climbing and extended standing time.
- You must be 21 years old to participate in wine tastings.
- During January and February, this excursion only runs Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Days offered: 7 days a week