New Orleans Antiquing With A Pro!
This gal and her team will take you to the secret crevices of her city, sniffing out great buys.
We love the thrill of the hunt. We enjoy chatting with the antique shop owners, getting to know them and especially that "Ah ha!" moment when the shop owner realizes he's got just the antique for you.... but it's not on the display floor or in the window when you come in, but rather upstairs in the attic, a dusty and cob-webby treasure, waiting for you to take it home!
You might be a serious shopper or a person who wants to browse. It may be that a few guys or gals (or both) would like a couple hours with an expert to direct them to the shops that fill their fantasy, even just to look. It matters not to our antique expert, who also knows the ins and outs behind every establishment's door.
We will connect you with this antique maven so you may forewarn her of your quest. She always carries a measuring tape and her camera so all you need are your measurements and anything you might be matching, if that is your goal. She will arrange packing and shipping, if you find your dream. And, as I said before, if you just want to learn from her years of experience as you travel around town, that suits her fine.
Set out to find your treasure with your expert guide in an incredible city filled with various antique shops and galleries to choose from. On your drive, your guide will provide you with different brochures to browse through from the local businesses. Develop your own treasure hunt of shops, where no two are alike.
Your antique adventure will then be tailored to stop at the shops with your particular interests or you may elect to stroll through the center of town and discover what each proprietor specializes in: French, English, American, Revolutionary through Civil War, china trade, early iron, folk art, books, hooked rugs, clocks, quilts, vintage clothes, garden antiques, fine art and fine furniture and estate jewelry just to name a few of the interesting antiques and collectibles.
And just to entice you a bit more, here are some tips from an Antiquing Pro!:
1. You can learn more about an antique from the bottom than from the top.
2. Mirrors are good deals and cheaper than artwork. "People who love mirrors are comfortable with who they are."
3. The polite way to ask for a discount it to say, "Is that your best price?"
4. Come prepared with measurements of the area you'd like to fill. Bring swatches of fabrics, carpets, paints and tile. Photographs of your home help too.
5. Be patient and ask questions. Developing relationships is not only fun but also yields handsome results.
- Your guide is the real deal! Carries a digital camera and measuring tape.
- Please note: This trip is also open to shopping, boutiquing, etc. Not limited to just antiques! Just give us a call and let us know your interests and we'll tailor this day to your needs.
- Maximum 4 people. We drive around in a sedan. Please note if you book 4 people, someone will be in the middle seat.
- If you have more than 4 people, we can certainly make arrangements. Just call ShoreTrips at 888-355-0220.
- Not available on Sundays. Everything is closed!
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday