Visit the famous Brazilian sight of the 125-foot high statue of Christ the Redeemer.
Rio de Janeiro, the so-called "Marvelous City," is the second largest city in Brazil. Despite its size, it is also a beach resort, located by the Atlantic Ocean and the big Guanabara Bay. The city is nestled between mountains and sea, bordered on one side by the blue ocean and on the other by verdant hills. Between them lies a colorful state of mind called "carioca," relaxed and high-spirited.
This tour includes:
• Round trip transportation from the cruise ship pier in a deluxe air-conditioned vehicle
• English-speaking local guide
• Visit to Christ the Redeemer at the top of the Corcovado Mountain (train ticket included)
• Drive by the famous beaches of Rio de Janiero
No Brazilian sight is more famous than the 125-foot high statue of Christ the Redeemer at the top of the Corcovado Mountain. This tour takes you to the monument for a 360 degree view of Rio and its harbor. You'll reach the monument aboard the cogwheel railway, climbing 2,400 feet up the mountain in the Tijuca Forest National Park.
The idea for erecting a large statue on top of Corcovado had been around since the mid 1850s, but was dismissed in 1889 when Brazil became a Republic and mandated the separation of church and state. A second proposal to erect a statue in this spot was made in 1921, and, 10 years later, the monument was inaugurated.
On your way back to the pier, you will pass by the most famous beaches of Rio de Janeiro, including Sao Conrado (with a stop for photos of the hang gliders of Rio!), Leblon, Ipanema, and the world-renowned Copacabana beach. If you are in port long enough, you might want to come back later for some sunbathing!
• The Corcovado train ticket is included in the price of this tour.
• Please be aware that you may encounter long lines at the Corcovado Train station during high season.
• This tour does NOT include airport pickup or drop-off. If you want airport pickup or drop-off, contact ShoreTrips for rates.
• Please note: If you book this tour for a date during Carnival, an additional surcharge may apply.
Days offered: 7 days a week