Set out with your naturalist guide and learn all about these fascinating creatures!
Your marine mammal specialists are no newcomers to whales. In fact, they have been strong supporters of whale protection and conservation for years.
Set out on an interesting whale watching experience unlike anything else!
This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to observe humpback whales in their natural calving (to give birth) and mating grounds in Samana Bay, Dominican Republic.
Did you know that only male humpback whales sing during their mating season to attract females and establish their territory and ranking with other males? If you're lucky, you'll get to hear this and maybe even witness incredible displays of flippering, lobtailing, logging, and tail breaching by the most active species of whale in the Atlantic! ***
Onboard you will be accompanied by a fascinating naturalist guide. He or she will provide you with an ongoing narration about humpback whales and what they are doing as you're watching. You'll also be able to ask questions!
View photos, learning material, and tapes of whale songs. Every couple will receive an information booklet about the whales of Samana.
- We will provide you with complementary soft drinks and crackers. You will also receive a special booklet about the whales of Samana (available in English, Spanish, German, and French).
- Each adult passenger will need to pay a $5 sanctuary entrance fee. You will pay this in person. Children 10 and under do not need to pay this fee.
- You will walk to the tour starting point. Please give yourself at least 10 minutes to get there. You need to arrive no later than the check in time.
- Actual time on boat is 3-4 hours.
- It is very likely that you will see whales during your excursion. However, due to the nature of this trip, we cannot make wildlife guarantees.
- This tour only runs from January 1 - March 25.
- The minimum age is 2 years old, although this tour is best for children 5 and older.
- The maximim number of passengers this boat can handle is 65. The boat is a 55' motor vessel. Life jackets are onboard.
Days offered: 7 days a week