Horseback To The Caves Of Padre NuestroExplore > Dominican Republic > La Romana > Horseback To The Caves Of Padre Nuestro
This isn't just a pretty horseback ride...it's an adventure!
With the beautiful and interesting terrain, a horseback ride will return you to the past where they were the traditional mode of transportation!
This tour includes:
- Round trip transportation from the cruise ship pier (additional port fee may apply)
- Horseback ride along the coast, on the beach, and through a forest
- Visit to Bayahime and Padre Nuestro
- Optional swim in a cave
- Lots of great scenery!
Our adventure begins with a drive to a well-maintained ranch, where you'll find a healthy, good looking stable of horses. Here, we'll match a steed to your riding abilities, whether you're a beginner or an expert. Next, it's time to saddle up and begin our 45-minute ride along the coast, on the beach, and through a forest en route to the fishing village of Bayahime...and then beyond to the small town of Padre Nuestro and its series of caves. It's here that you'll be mesmerized by the wonderful Chicho cave with its shallow underground river and its numerous stalactites and stalagmites. This is a perfect spot for a quick swim as the water is said to be sweet and pure. This will undoubtedly be a magical day!
- We suggest that you wear long pants, shoes with hard soles, and a brimmed hat.
- Bring your swimsuit and sunscreen.
- Children under 8 are not allowed on this tour.
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women.
- There is no specific weight limit on this tour, but we do not recommend it for extremely overweight or obese people.
- If you are arriving on a cruise ship other than Costa Cruises, Carnival Cruises, Aida Cruises, Oceania Cruise lines, or Tui Cruises, you will need to pay your driver a port fee of $5 per person.
Days offered: 7 days a week