Spend an amazing day exploring an underground cave system and a popular horse farm.
This tour includes:
• Round trip transportation from the cruise ship pier or your hotel
• English-speaking guide
• Lunch break (cost of meals is not included)
• Tour of Postojna Cave System
• Visit to Lipica Horse Farm
Postojna is the largest and most visited underground cave in Europe. The cave was accidentally discovered in 1818 and, by 1819, the site was open to the public by guided tours. Over 50 years later, rails were laid in the cave along with the first cave train for tourists.
During your visit, you will explore the cave by electrical train followed by a guided walk. Continue through a series of cave halls with drop stones, pillars, and translucent curtains that create unforgettable impressions.
After an hour and a half at the cave, you will break for lunch before continuing on to Lipica.
Lipica is Slovenia's most popular horse farm. The history of Lipica is closely connected with the history of the Habsburg monarchy. At the time when Archduke Charles was thinking about establishing a new stud farm, the Spanish horse was considered the ideal horse breed.
Since the soil and climate in Slovenia is similar to that of Spain, Lipica was chosen as the perfect spot for the new farm. The first horses were bought in 1581 from Spain. Today it breeds exclusively horses of this noble breed and boasts a world famous classical riding school.
• The cost of lunch is not included in the tour price.
• Comfortable walking shoes and sportswear are recommended.
• You must carry your passport for this trip.
Days offered: 7 days a week