Private Volcanoes National Park, Historic Downtown Hilo & Rainbow FallsExplore > United States > Big Island of Hawaii > Private Volcanoes National Park, Historic Downtown Hilo & Rainbow Falls
Explore the wonders of Volcanoes National Park and beautiful Rainbow Falls.
This tour shows you several different sides of Hilo, including the spectacular scenery of Volcanoes National Park, Historic Downtown Hilo with its many interesting buildings, and the breathtaking Rainbow Falls.
On this fascinating tour, we'll travel up 4,000 feet to view the volcanic wonders of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Beginning at the Volcano House, we'll embark on an easy 30-45 minute walk through the lush forest of the Halemaumau Trail to the edge of the massive Kilauea Caldera. Here, you'll witness a break in the forest and endless views of past volcanic activity. Hike back to the top through the majestic Ohia, ginger, and fern forest, witnessing native birds along the way.
On the return, we'll stop at Akatsuka Orchid Gardens, with its wonderful array of orchids and tropical flowers. From here, it's on to Historic Downtown Hilo, where you can enjoy a cup of Hawaii’s finest hand-roasted coffee before we move on to the beautiful Rainbow Falls. This falls gets its name from the rainbows that frequently form in the mist that rises from the falls as it cascades to the rocks 80 feet below. Before heading back to the ship, explore above Rainbow fall--under the huge canopy of a beautiful banyan tree that always leaves her guests in awe--and a lagoon on the river to the falls that has become a very popular attraction.
- After you have purchased the charter, there is no charge for children 5 and under. Children under 4 require a car seat, which can be provided for you.
- Please wear good walking shoes.
- Umbrellas will be provided in the event of rain.
- This tour can accommodate collapsible wheelchairs.
- If you have more than 7 people in your party, please call ShoreTrips for pricing.
- Volcanoes National Park is currently not fully accessible. Alternations may be made to your itinerary. Your guide will explain the current conditions and make suggestions at the start of your tour.
Days offered: 7 days a week