Bike The Kilauea Volcano!
Embark on an amazing guided bicycle tour of Kilauea.
Get ready for an exhilirating, guided bicycle tour of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park on the Big Island, as you explore Kilauea Volcano from summit to sea.
This tour includes:
- Round trip transportation from the cruise ship pier
- Services of a professional guide
- All necessary equipment, including bicycle, helmet, gloves, and raincoat
- An amazing (mostly downhill) journey!
- Support van
- Water, juice, soft drinks, and a trail snack
- An incredible experience with incomparable views!
From lush ancient Hawaiian rain forests to dynamic lava landscapes, you'll experience a variety of microclimates, huge craters, steaming vents, and lava tubes as you ride through this breathtaking terrain. Gliding along the mostly downhill and leveled paved paths, your professional guide will share geological information of the area with you, as well as some of the typical myths and legends.
And, if the Volcano Goddess, Madame Pele, allows, you might even get the opportunity to see active lava flows pouring into the ocean!
Bike as little or as much as you wish on the tour, as a support van will always be close by if you require any assistance. Or, if you don't feel like biking, but the rest of your party does, you can always follow the tour as a van rider. Enjoy the guided interpretive lectures and relax in an air conditioned van. This is the best of both worlds.
Lunch is provided, and beverages and a trail snack are available during the tour as well. You may choose from the following lunch selections: roast beef & cheddar, pastrami, ham & cheese, roast turkey breast, veggie, and tuna sandwiches.
- All necessary equipment will be provided, including bicycle, helmet, gloves, and raincoat.
- Lunch is included. Water, juice, soft drinks, and a trail snack will be available during the tour as well. We must have the names of passengers and their corresponding lunch choices at the time of booking. You will not be able to change your lunch order on the day of the tour.
- It is recommended that you wear layered clothing, as it is often cool at the summit of the volcano and quite warm at the ocean coastline.
- Closed-toe shoes and eye protection or sun glasses required.
- There is a minimum of 6 participants required for this trip to operate.
- This tour is recommended for ages 5 and up, and is not advisable for pregnant women or those with heart or respiratory problems.
- Tag along bicycles are available for children under 4'5" and 85 lbs.
- Biking distance is approximately 15 miles, mostly downhill and on level terrain.
- All van riders must have the ability to enter and exit a van without any assistance.
- Not recommended for passengers with limited mobility due to the fast pace of this tour.
Days offered: 7 days a week