Bike And Hike O'AhuExplore > United States > Oahu > Bike And Hike O'Ahu
This is one safe yet exhilarating way to feel the island of O'ahu.
Born and raised in Hawaii, our operator claims his mountainbike is his "second pair of legs." His love of both his home and his hobby created a terrific business, one that delivers a special feeling of accomplishment to those who join him on a ride.
He not only rides, but he writes and has published three books on mountain biking here in Oahu. You will find no one who knows more and shares more than this fellow and his highly trained staff, all of whom make certain you have a safe and fun day exploring the beautiful sites nearby.
Upon arrival on Oahu, the first thing on your "to-do" list should be to get outside the hustle and bustle of the city and take the provided shuttle to a tropical rainforest on the windward side of Oahu. Your veteran bike and nature guides will lead your adventure to scenic vistas to experience the rainforest of Oahu on bike and foot.
Enjoy a lovely 1.5-mile guided hike through the rainforest ending alongside a jungle stream with a shallow mountain pool to view a 35-foot double-tiered waterfall. Splash in the water to cool down and take in the scenic elevated view from this mountain perch before taking the hike back to the van.
After a shuttle to high above Honolulu, you will enjoy the views with a delicious deli-style lunch before the bike tour begins.
Next on the list is to be outfitted with a cruiser bike and Bell helmet. You'll receive safety instructions and get a feel for your equipment before descending the 5-mile paved jungle road. This is a slow descent on a paved road and you'll be directed to stop along the way at the various overlooks to take in the beautiful setting. There will be time for photos and a little narrative from your guide before heading back on the road, one that has very little traffic to disturb you.
Reinforcements of trail snacks and a water bottle will be passed out. Rain jackets are available if the weather commands their use.
Once you reach the bottom, bikes will be loaded on to the van and a shuttle ride back to Waikiki ends your tour.
- Please dress comfortably for biking and hiking: closed-toe shoes, socks that cover your ankles, and breathable clothing.
- The price of this tour includes round trip transportation, professional nature guides, access to private land, bottled water and trail snacks, and use of Kona mountain bikes with front suspension, Bell helmets, rain gear, hip pack and mosquito repellent.
- Please note that this tour does not pick up from all hotels. If we are not able to pick up at the hotel you are staying at then a nearby pick up point will be provided. Specific meeting instructions will be provided upon confirmation. If you have questions, contact ShoreTrips.
- Riders must be at least 4'8" tall. This tour is recommended for beginning to intermediate riders.
- Tour is sometimes done in reverse order.
Days offered: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday