The perfect tour for all of you foodies out there!
This tour allows some time to explore one of Japan's most elegant shopping districts.
If you think Pike's Place Market in Seattle is impressive, you haven't seen anything yet! Handling over 2,000 tons of marine products per day, the Tsukiji Fish Market offers a wide variety of sights, sounds, and smells that will capture your senses and invigorate your day. With a guide by your side the whole way, you will start by exploring the wholesale area which represents the main hub for buyers and sellers. As trucks whiz by with hawkers shouting at the top their lungs, you will develop a new appreciation of this historic trade that has greatly shaped the area. By the time you arrive, most of the local workers have already been there for 5 hours!
The outside market is where the portions are a little more appropriate for your appetite and this is the perfect place to track down some local delicacies. Endless stands of fish, vegetables, spices, and sushi provide an inside scoop in to how the locals prepare meals in an area where seafood reigns supreme. Many people say that you haven't had a true Tsukiji Fish Market experience until you have indulged in a sushi breakfast, so weigh your options as you peruse the aisles!
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes as this is a walking tour.
- You will be prompted to indicate any food allergies during check out.
- Your guide will meet you in your hotel lobby and then you will take public transportation to the Tsukiji Fish Market.
- The cost of transportation to and from the hotel is not included in the price of this tour.
- The Fish Market is closed on Sundays and some Wednesdays. If you are interested in this tour on a Wednesday, please contact ShoreTrips. The Imperial Palace East Garden is closed on Mondays.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- IMPORTANT. This tour has a cancellation/refund policy that is non-conforming with ShoreTrips standard policy. Full refunds will be made for cancellations due to your ship not making its scheduled port stop if you have notified the vendor or ShoreTrips of this situation at least 72 hours prior to the scheduled stop. 50% refunds will be made cancellations due to your ship not making its scheduled port stop if you have notified the vendor or ShoreTrips of this situation at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled stop. No refunds will be made for cancellations made in the last 48 hours prior to the scheduled stop. Excursion Protection insurance is available and highly recommended and will be offered to you during the checkout procedure.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday