The Incredible World Of Oysters With TastingExplore > Croatia (Hrvatska) > Dubrovnik > The Incredible World Of Oysters With Tasting
Oysters and wine!
Included in this tour:
• Round-trip transportation
• Learn about oyster harvesting
• Boat Ride
• Sample 3 fresh oysters
• A glass of wine (red or white)
Traveling west along the Adriatic coast highway through picturesque villages. This area is simply gorgeous, famous for the mansions and summer residences of Dubrovnik's royalty. Soon we arrive to Mali Ston.
Mali Ston lies in one of the clearest bays of the Adriatic and is well known for its excellent oyster plants.
We will start boat ride to the oyster beds and explain to you about the oyster growing procedure during the cruise. We will then go to the shallow waters into hidden bays where sweet water of the Neretva river merges with the salt water of the sea.
The secret of oyster quality lies in the way they are grown and we believe that oysters from Mali Ston bay are amongst the best in the world!
Today fisherman breed them in the cool currents to ensure high quality flavor. The youngest oysters grow over a period of 19 months, the oldest are aged 3 years.
During the cruise you will have opportunity to taste oysters directly from the sea with a glass of famous Croatian wine.
• One glass of wine is included. If you wish to drink more wine, you can pay for it on the day of your tour.
• We recommend sport clothes / comfortable clothes and wearing your swimsuit underneath.
• The cost of lunch is not included.
• This tour cannot accommodate persons with limited mobility.
• Minimum 2 people required for this tour.
• The boat ride is on a boat with a maximum capacity of 50 people.
Days offered: 7 days a week