Biking, walking, swimming, and sightseeing – this tour has it all!
Travel by bike through the beautiful island of Sipan, the largest of the Elaphiti Islands. Your guide will provide you with multi-gear touring bikes in the appropriate size, complete with adjustable seats and handlebars, for maximum comfort during this great adventure!
This tour includes:
- 30 minute ferry or boat ride to Sipan Island
- Leisurely bike ride away from traffic and tourist crowds
- Time to explore, relax, walk or swim
- 5 minute hike to St. Nicolas chapel for a panoramic view
- Fresh and delicious lunch!
- Return transportation to your cruise ship or hotel
Bike touring offers a unique way to discover a new place – a close exploration of landscapes, villages, and interesting historic sites. Journey through this charming island, full of lush green landscape and surrounded by deep blue sea, full of beauty and secrets.
Your guide will take you to the ferry or boat which you will take over to the island of Sipan, the largest of the Elaphiti Islands. Sipan is a respite from the crowds with a few cultural attractions and agricultural products such as olive trees and orchards. This is the perfect spot for biking - no traffic and rolling hills of forest.
Your tour will follow several village routes as you travel through dense evergreen maccia woods, vineyards, and olive groves. There will be plenty of time to explore on your own, as well as relax, walk, or swim in these great surroundings. Take a 5 minute hike up to St. Nicolas chapel to enjoy the view. Sightsee at Holy Ghost church, built in 1569, and the Benedictine monastery of Pakljena, from the Middle Ages. Lunch in a small local restaurant will enhance the experience, and will typically include fresh vegetables from the local market or backyard garden, fresh local seafood and savory grilled meat dishes.
You will repeat your steps back to the mainland and you can request a drop off at the Old City of Dubrovnik to explore a little on your own. If you choose to do that, you can hire a taxi for a quick ride back to the pier if you are on a cruiseship. Your guide will return you directly to the pier if you wish. You can be sure that your day will surpass any others for your day in and around Dubrovnik.
- Multi-gear touring bicycles, helmets, and a great guide are all included in the price.
- A delicious lunch in a great local restaurant is also included.
- You will spend about one hour biking 10 miles and three hours on other activities during this tour. You will ride on paved roads only.
- We suggest you wear comfortable clothes and appropriate biking shoes, and bring a swimsuit and towel if you would like to swim.
- There is not a "set" minimum age, but this tour is best for ages 8 and up.
Days offered: 7 days a week