This wonderful eco tour takes you deep into a protected wildlife refuge for plenty of fun.
His name is a secret, but the owner of this business is all over the place. Wherever we went, he was just leaving or on his way in. By the time we left Mazatlan, we thought we knew his schedule quite well. One thing was certain, everyone said that he is a great guy and runs a great trip. All the locals have done it!
During this fascinating tour, we'll spend an hour and a half on the water gliding through the protected wildlife refuge, spotting all kinds of interesting creatures. Blue, gray, and white herons abound, and sea hawks sail overhead.
We'll travel past the largest shrimp fleet in Mexico. Depending on the time of day, you may be able to see the fishermen bringing in their catch in the Federal Sanctuary. The bird sanctuary is also on your way, as are the pelicans which perch at Isla Pelicanos.
When you arrive on land, you'll think it's your birthday! You'll have a moment to freshen up before appetizers are served. A short 5-10 minute walk will bring you to a spot for lunch with an open bar. The kitchen is also open and you can see the preparation. You'll also have an opportunity to take a swim in the beautiful blue Pacific.
At some point, you'll be directed to hop on to a Mexican limousine, which we'd describe as a cart pulled by a tractor. This mode of transportation is perfect for your tour of the coconut plantation--home to ducks, chickens, and hens, along with lots of coconuts. There's no charge for the sea turtles, which are visible in-season only.
There's one more piece of entertainment as you return--a bird show will be performed for your pleasure.
- Carnival Panorama guests can take this trip.
- Children under the age of 5 can come along for no charge.
- Don't forget your camera, a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, swimsuit, and towel.
- There are restrooms onboard the boat.
- Please note that in Mazatlan there is some confusion about ship time vs. local time. Please see your purser on your ship to clarify whether your ship changes its time to local time so you do not miss your excursion. As each ship is ruled by its captain, it is your responsibility to confirm this while you are sailing.
- This trip does not operate on Christmas Day or New Year's Day.
Days offered: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday