Private Sierra Madre Tour With LunchExplore > Mexico > Mazatlan > Private Sierra Madre Tour With Lunch
Authentic Mexico is revealed in the foothills of the Sierra Madre, and lunch is included!
From Mazatlan, Mexico, east into the foothills of the Sierra Madre Mountain range and through the rural landscape and small towns, the rich history of over four centuries reveals itself in the people, architecture, pottery, ceramics, furniture, and food that you will experience on this Real Mexico outing.
This is a tourist's dream as it appears as if these attractions were dropped from space to bring you the most interesting ride possible with just the right amount of time between stops.
The ultimate destination is the popular visit to Concordia, a small town about 1 1/2 hours outside of Mazatlan. The church and the square prove to be of major interest. Close by is another favorite town, the quaint Copala, a colonial mining town deep in the hills. This secluded spot has become a favorite with government officials, writers, and others who search for moments of privacy.
Next, your journey will continue to the foothills of the Sierra Madre Mountains. You will see and visit the historical and picturesque colonial villages of Concordia and Copala.
During the tour you will be able to admire the hand made furniture and pottery. You will pass by villages where the industry was making bricks. Those brick factories are still standing.
The Rustic Bakery and Saint Sebastian Church are among the highlights of this tour. With only 600 residents in Copala, you can stroll on quaint cobblestone streets to see rustic colonial buildings, The San Jose Church and an adorable little square. Also, the tour is complemented with original works of art from local artists.
Also, be prepared to enjoy and a tasty local lunch, that will consist of some traditional Mexican fare, such as enchiladas, rice and beans, and more!
- Lunch and bottled water is included in the price of this tour.
- Vehicles can accommodate collapsible wheelchairs; please contact us ahead of time so arrangements can be made.
- Please note that in Mazatlan there is some confusion about ship time vs local time. Please see your purser on your ship to clarify whether your ship changes its time to local time so you do not miss your excursion. As each ship is ruled by its captain, it is your responsibility to confirm this while while you are sailing.
- Please note this trip is priced as a charter. The maximum number of people per van is 10 passengers.
- Please alert ShoreTrips in advance of any dietary restrictions or food allergies. We will do our best to accommodate.
Days offered: 7 days a week