Private And Personal Tequila Tour In MazatlanExplore > Mexico > Mazatlan > Private And Personal Tequila Tour In Mazatlan
Witness the process and taste this famous beverage.
This company was just what we were looking for - special trips in comfortable air conditioned vans with drivers united in the common goal of showing the best of their hometown. This company was named in memory of Rafael Buelna Tenorio, a general in the Mexican Revolution and the unity of the company is a revolutionary step in Mazatlan tourism.
The "heart and soul" of Mazatlan is its Old City. It was an important city in the early 17th century because of the nearby gold and silver mines. It took quite awhile and some enterprising German businessmen to develop the port in the mid-1800's.
Tequila, mezcal or aguardiente are some of the names for this beverage that has become a symbol of Mexico. In this tour, you will discover it interesting and traditional making process.
After driving out of the city, we start by visiting La Noria, a colorful, picturesque village, which has been important in the tequila industry since the last half of the XIX century. You will have time to visit a leather factory that specializes in the production of huarache or sandal-making. Belts and purses are handmade with real leather, and the factory is well known for its handmade saddles. Afterwards we will see San Antonio's Church. From San Antonio Church (in memory of San Antonio, the saint who people use until they find love), you have the best panoramic view of the town.
We will visit Los Osuna Ranch which is surrounded by fields of agave, the raw material of the process of making tequila, which takes between 8 to 10 years for the plant to mature. Once the agave plant has reached this stage the people who work the tequila (Jimadores) begin to reap the blue agave to process it, which includes cooking, extracting the juices, fermentation, distillation, settlement, and mixing.
Following the tour you will be allotted time to grab some lunch or do some shopping. Lunch will be at your own expense.
- The cost of the tour does not include the $3.00 entrance fee to Los Osuna Ranch.
- Bring sunblock, sunglasses and your camera.
- Vehicles can accommodate collapsible wheelchairs; please contact ShoreTrips ahead of time so arrangements can be made.
- Please note that in Mazatlan there is some confusion about ship time vs local time. Please see your purser on your ship to clarify whether your ship changes its time to local time so you do not miss your excursion. As each ship is ruled by its captain, it is your responsibility to confirm this while you are sailing.
- The drive time to La Noria from the cruise ship pier is 1 hour.
- You will choose to eat either in Mazatlan or El Equlite, a small picturesque village. You will spend more of your allotted tour time driving if you choose to eat in El Equlite. This does not affect the total tour time of approximately 6 hours.
Days offered: 7 days a week