Our exclusive tour takes the brewing process one step further and makes it personal.
Many wonder why three German immigrants would come to Mazatlan to open a brewery. When you complete our tour, you will not only know the history of their attraction to this city but you will have visited the old residential neighborhood where these gentlemen and their families lived. We will also pay a visit to the oldest cemetery in Mazatlan which is where these gentlemen and their families have been laid to rest. Seeing both these sites along with your guide will give sense to this location to brew a cold beer.
Germán Evers, Emilio Philippi and Jorge Claussen founded Pacifico Brewery over 100 years ago. Situated in the old section of the city just north of the shipping channel, the most identifiable feature of this several block square industrial complex is twenty massive cylindrical fermentation tanks, each 70 feet tall, and each with a capacity of about 60,000 gallons of product. The brewing process is fascinating and the brewery actually has a museum on its roof.
We include a drive along the malecon, one of the longest and most beautiful coastal drives in the Americas, and you will see among the many sculptures and statues a tribute to the brewery designed by the workers. It is a huge copper cooking vat capable of holding 24,000 liters (6336 gallons) of beer.
Your guide will then take you to a beach area where you will have full use of the facilites including beach chairs and a pool. For those members of the group who do not want to go to the beach there is a shopping area within walking distance. If you would like to grab something to eat or drink there is also a restaurant but this will be at your own expense.
There is a watersports rental area at the beach which includes jetskis, parasailing, boogie boarding and more! After you have enjoyed the beach area your driver will take you back to the cruise ship pier.
- You will be able to use the facilities at a hotel to change to your swimsuit. Please bring your suit, towel, sunscreen, and any other item you wish for a beach day. If you prefer to shop, you can omit these suggestions.
- Vehicles can accommodate collapsible wheelchairs; please contact us ahead of time so arrangements can be made.
- Please note that in Mazatlan there is some confusion about ship time vs local time. Please see your purser on your ship to clarify whether your ship changes its time to local time so you do not miss your excursion. As each ship is ruled by its captain, it is your responsibility to confirm this while you are sailing.
- Must be 18 years old in order to participate.
- There is a dress code at the brewery, no shorts or open sandals permitted. Cameras, video cameras, backpacks and bags are not allowed in the brewery, if you wish to bring them on the trip they must be left in the van. No sandals, open toed shoes, tennis shoes, shorts, skirts or dresses are allowed either. There will be security provided by the brewery to watch the vans.
Days offered: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday