Discover Cozumel's north coast--and shoot some spectacular photos--during this exciting new tour!
Photographers from all over the world are invited to explore the natural wonders of our island home and share our common passion--photography.
This tour includes:
• Round trip transportation from the meeting point
• Bilingual guide (English/Spanish)
• Photography tour of Rio de la Plata
• Boat ride around the lagoons
• Cold beverages and a box lunch
• Rubber boots
• Once-in-a-lifetime photos and memories!
Although Cozumel has been known for years as a diving destination, you'll be amazed at the wide variety of plants and animals that inhabit this land. Led by local guides with ample knowledge of photography, we'll journey to the not-so-well-known areas of the island in search of great photo opportunities.
From the meeting point, we'll head out to explore the unspoiled coastline of the island. After a 20-minute Jeep ride, we'll arrive at the pier in front of the Isla de la Pasión. There, we'll board a boat to our destination--the Rio de la Plata Laguna. This is the name for the spectacular lakes north of the island of Cozumel where ospreys nest and spoonbills can be spotted throughout the year. These lagoons are very isolated and are only accessible from the sea after a 40-minute boat ride. The boat trip is unique, offering great views of the turquoise blue sea, white sand, bright green vegetation, and the golden hues of the lagoon. Throughout the tour, we'll observe egrets, ducks, gulls, cormorants, and, occasionally, reptiles.
At one point, we'll get out of the boat and wade in shallow water (about a foot deep) until we reach an area where eagles nest. The last stop on the tour will be Passion Island, where we'll see more birds, rest, and have an enjoyable lunch.
• If you require a later tour time, please call ShoreTrips.
• The price of this tour includes bottled water, natural juices, Gatorade, iced tea, and a box lunch (ham & cheese sandwich, potato chips, granola bar).
• Wear comfortable clothing and footwear that is fast drying or bring extra clothing and footwear.
• Also bring hat or head protection, mosquito repellent, waterproof jacket in case of rain (especially during the rainy season of May-October), plastic bags to protect camera equipment, sufficient batteries and memory cards.
• To avoid contaminating the water, don't use sunscreen.
• Don't wear sandals or other open-toed shoes (such as Crocs).
• There is a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 6 for this tour.
• Minimum age: 12.
Days offered: 7 days a week