Mezcalitos Beach And Mangrove Photography TourExplore > Mexico > Cozumel > Mezcalitos Beach And Mangrove Photography Tour
Discover Cozumel's east coast--and shoot some spectacular photos--during this exciting new tour!
Photographers from all over the world are invited to explore the natural wonders of our island home and share our common passion--photography.
This tour includes:
• Round trip transportation from the meeting point
• Bilingual guide (English/Spanish)
• Photography tour of Mezcalitos Beach and Mangrove
• Cold beverages and a box lunch
• Rubber boots
• Once-in-a-lifetime photos and memories!
From the meeting point, we'll travel by Jeep for about 15 minutes to the east coast of the island and the spectacular Mezcalitos Beach and Mangrove area. Despite being well-connected by a local highway, this place is rarely visited, even by locals. Now we'll park the vehicle and walk for approximately 15 minutes to one of the lagoons. From the moment we start our hike, we'll begin spotting a variety of plant and animal species. Spectacular ocean views (and, thus, photographs!) are visible from the hiking path.
We'll journey along a sand path and walk into the lagoon, where the water is knee deep. This way we can get much closer to our subjects. Keep an eye out for spoonbills, flamingos, ducks, pelicans, iguanas, and raccoons. If you're really lucky, you may even spot an armadillo or two! Additionally, flowers such as water lilies and orchids make stunning images.
We'll visit a couple of other nearby lagoons in search of more photo opportunities and then enjoy our lunch in front of the ocean before making our way back to the vehicle.
• If you require a later tour time, please call ShoreTrips.
• The price of this tour includes bottled water, natural juices, Gatorade, iced tea, and a box lunch (ham & cheese sandwich, potato chips, granola bar).
• Wear comfortable clothing and footwear that is fast drying.
• Bring biodegradable sunscreen, hat or head protection, mosquito repellent, waterproof jacket in case of rain (especially during the rainy season of May-October), plastic bags to protect camera equipment, sufficient batteries and memory cards.
• Don't wear sandals or other open-toed shoes (such as Crocs).
• There is a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 6 for this tour.
• Minimum age: 12.
Days offered: 7 days a week