Now this is a combo tour! Jeep, snorkel, lighthouse, ruins, and more!
Here at ShoreTrips, we love putting together unique itineraries.
This tour includes:
• A drive through Punta Sur State Refuge
• Information on Cozumel culture
• Time to relax on the beach and/or swim
• ¡Delicioso Mexican Lunch!
• El Caracol, an ancient Mayan ruin
• Columbia Lagoon
• Punta Celarain Lighthouse
Set out on an exciting drive in Cozumel and gain real insight on the local life. We'll drive down the island's most scenic roads full of gorgeous views! Whether you'll end up being a driver or a smiling passenger...either way, you'll have a blast!
Get all the directions and information from your professional tour guides through our exclusive radio system installed in every Jeep for your safety. Getting driving directions was never so easy, fun, and safe!
After this fantastic drive, you will access the Punta Sur State Refuge through a long, sandy road, which welcomes you to this untouched and unique ecological reserve.
You'll visit El Caracol, an ancient Mayan ruin and Columbia Lagoon, a magnificent and incredible ecosystem. If you're lucky, you might even get to see salt water crocodiles in their natural environment!
Next, we're off to an ideal snorkeling location that is in a bay (quiet and few sea currents) filled with lots of underwater creatures like sea turtles, lobsters, and colorful tropical fish! If you wish, you can simply relax under the shade of your beach umbrella.
We'll head back to the Jeeps to visit the Punta Celarain Lighthouse, which you can climb for a magnificent view of the Caribbean. You can also visit the Navigation Museum featured inside the building. Then hop on your Jeep again and drive to an exclusive beach resort to enjoy a delicious Mexican lunch (fajitas, rice, beans, tortillas, and Mexican salsa) at this beautiful spot with a stunning view. Lounge beach chairs, a fresh water swimming pool, showers, and towels are available at no extra cost to you, before returning to the meeting point on board the Jeeps.
• Depending on which pier your cruise ship docks at, you may be able to walk or you may have to take a short taxi ride to the meeting point for this tour. The taxi ride will cost about $10 (each way) and take about 10 minutes.
• 4 guests per Jeep. Driver must be at least 21 years old, present a valid driver's license, and be able to drive a stick-shift. You will not be able to drive without a driver's license. You will need to sign a waiver before the tour.
• Most of the Jeeps are standard (manual) transmissions, but we can request an automatic Jeep if available. Automatic transmissions cannot be guaranteed, so it is advisable that someone in your party knows how to drive a stick-shift.
• Minimum age to participate is 5 years old.
• Minimum age for snorkeling is 8 years old.
• Pregnant women, people with back/neck injuries, or those who have had recent surgeries are not allowed on this tour. People with asthma, heart conditions, and/or diabetes must abstain from snorkeling.
• Guests must wear seat belts at all times in the vehicles.
• Drivers cannot consume alcoholic beverages.
Days offered: 7 days a week